Pricing

Business By Mad Batter Updated 30 Apr 2013 , 3:25am by Mad Batter

Mad Batter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mad Batter Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 2:59am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone make and sell oreo truffles? If so, any thoughts on pricing?  What about packaging? how many would you package together? Thanks in advance :) 

5 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 3:29am
post #2 of 6

AI don't know about pricing but there is a lot if packaging ideas

www.packagingsupplies.com/4_cavity_3_oz_gold_candy_trays.html

Just one site of many. I don't usually tell people to google because I'm more than happy to google and get a website and bring the link back here but in this instance there are tons of options the link I'm giving you is just one of many. Remember for sure to add your packaging into your price.

How many you package in a pack depends on what type packaging you buy. On the website I'm posting they have several different packages from like 4 and up. Happy Truffling :grin:

kazita Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 3:45am
post #3 of 6

AI like the one truffle box second down on the left it holds I believe 3 truffles.

www.packagingsupplies.com/candy_boxes_with_windows.html

kazita Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 4:19am
post #4 of 6

AI really like these

usbox.com/Candy/Windowed-Brown-Frosted-Candy-Boxes/0LV-X/

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 4:50am
post #5 of 6

APricing will largely depend on your area (if a commercial kitchen is required to be legal, your cost and price will be higher) but market price for basic truffles will probably start around $2 each. More premium truffles can be priced higher.

If you don't have a retail storefront I wouldn't sell less than a dozen per flavor at a time. Packaging costs for anything less will drive up the price considerably.

Note that truffles are pretty easy to ship so you will probably have a lot of competition from illegal bakers selling online across your country, just something to be aware of when you do your competitive analysis.

Mad Batter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mad Batter Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 3:25am
post #6 of 6

Thank you to everyone for your input. I will check out some of the sites for packaging :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%