Using Mmf With Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By crazy4baking Updated 24 Jun 2013 , 2:17am by crazy4baking

crazy4baking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4baking Posted 28 Apr 2013 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone had luck using mmf to cover a cake which has cream cheese frosting on it? Is there a particular recipe that I should use etc. I made my sons birthday cake last year with mmf but I used chocolate buttercream. So this would be my 2nd cake using mmf just want to have a game plan so its not a disaster

4 replies
sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 12:29am
post #2 of 5

I've used cream cheese and buttercream under mmf. You CAN refrigerate a mmf covered cake..I always keep mine in the fridge. I crumb coat, refrigerate, frost, refrigerate then cover with mmf and refrigerate. :)

crazy4baking Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 1:31am
post #3 of 5

ADo u happen to have the cream cheese recipe you use so I can compare it to mine?

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 2:16am
post #4 of 5

Sure  - I combined a couple recipes I had so it's more of a cross between buttercream and cream cheese. Not super cream-cheesy, you may want to add more cream cheese if that's what you're going for.

8oz cream cheese - softened

1 cup butter - softened

2t vanilla

2lb bag powdered sugar

Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy, add vanilla and ps

If it's too thick, I add a little milk to thin it down to the consistency I need.

Enjoy..it's one of my most requested recipes -very versatile, I add fresh strawberries to it and it's also good if you substitute 1t peppermint extract for the vanilla -- with chocolate cake -- OH.MY. It's like a junior mint! icon_biggrin.gif

crazy4baking Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 2:17am
post #5 of 5

Thank you for the recipe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%