ponderbabe Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 8:25pm
post #1 of

Hi guys

So Im making a cake for my nephews birthday today and last nite i baked the red vellvet cake. I frosted and filled it with cream cheese icing which they requested now I need to do a camofluge ontop of the cake. Would it taste bad if i did the camoflauge with butter cream iccing since i aalready have cream cheese icing on it?

 

pLEASE HELP ME I ONLY HAVE A FEW HOURS LEFT

THANK U SO MUCH

49 replies
shebysuz Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 8:59pm
post #2 of

AI think buttercream would be perfectly fine, the extra sweetness would be balanced out and even complimented by the cream cheese frosting in the middle. Go for it!:grin:

ddaigle Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 9:09pm
post #3 of

Me....I would hate a cream cheese filled cake with butter cream icing...but that is me.   Taste is very subjective...do what you feel you need to do to accomplish the camo deco.  

sweettooth101 Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 9:14pm
post #4 of

I do my red velvet cakes with buttercream vanilla flavored, I find the kids are not too fond of the cream cheese frosting, so I think it will be fine.

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:21pm
post #5 of

Did you ever thank these people for their replies? Since you're all about being polite, and stuff. 

ponderbabe Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:52pm
post #6 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 
 

Did you ever thank these people for their replies? Since you're all about being polite, and stuff. 

 

Wow you are hating on me eh? Why dont you just go about your day and leave me alone? Does it make you feel good to make other ppl feel bad? 

kikiandkyle Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:53pm
post #7 of

AWow, you don't stop do you!

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:54pm
post #8 of

Just pointing out that you're accusing others of being unhelpful and rude, and that you forgot to come back and thank people for their research and replies and time to help you. I know you just forgot, so, just giving you a heads up. Don't want people to think you're rude and ungrateful, right? ;) 

kikiandkyle Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:55pm
post #9 of

A

Original message sent by ponderbabe

Wow you are hating on me eh? Why dont you just go about your day and leave me alone? Does it make you feel good to make other ppl feel bad? 

I think what you meant to say was

You know what, you're right, I did forget to say thanks. So thanks everyone for all your help, I really appreciate it.

ponderbabe Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 
 

Just pointing out that you're accusing others of being unhelpful and rude, and that you forgot to come back and thank people for their research and replies and time to help you. I know you just forgot, so, just giving you a heads up. Don't want people to think you're rude and ungrateful, right? ;) 

 

Thats so funny, I love how you add in the extra sweetness in their to act like you are doing the right thing. Did I make your day any better by making a mistake and not thanking these wonderful people for all their helpful posts?

 

Thank you and I am sorry for forgetting to thank you earlier, The buttercream transfer really helped and i enjoyed this technique! 

 

As for you AZCOUTURE , why dont you go bug someother person to make your self feel even better today!

ponderbabe Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:59pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 


I think what you meant to say was

You know what, you're right, I did forget to say thanks. So thanks everyone for all your help, I really appreciate it.

 

She is just trying to bug me, shes adding the sweetness in to be condescending. Im not going again she just posted that why dont you say something to her? 

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 7:22pm

Oh it's completely sarcastic dear, not trying to make anything sweet. You're just digging holes all over this board, and I'm hoping you quit soon, and realize people were extremely helpful, even if you don't see it.

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 7:23pm

Oh, forgot the :)

ponderbabe Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 7:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 
 

Oh, forgot the :)

 

Oh am I hun? Because there have been VERY helpful people here that arent stuck up like you. I am not going to quit actually because I seen hope in the people that have messaged me. Just because I dont get along with a person of your caliber doesnt mean i dont belong here as much as you do :) 

 

Have a great day, dont let the door hit you on the way out:)

ponderbabe Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 7:54pm

Oh and by the way,

 

 

I LOVE your profile picture! Its sooo you :)

cupcakemaker Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:01pm

AJeez give it a rest people it's just cake!

cakealicious7 Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderbabe 
 

Oh and by the way,

 

 

I LOVE your profile picture! Its sooo you :)

 

There's no need to start attacking personal appearances.

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:04pm

A

Original message sent by ponderbabe

Oh am I hun? Because there have been VERY helpful people here that arent stuck up like you. I am not going to quit actually because I seen hope in the people that have messaged me. Just because I dont get along with a person of your caliber doesnt mean i dont belong here as much as you do :) 

Have a great day, dont let the door hit you on the way out:)

Good grief, seriously? Quit digging holes, not quit and leave the board. I think you probably should give it up for the day though.

ponderbabe Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:07pm

I'm not going to back down if someone is attacking me on purpose. I posted this a week ago, you commented on my recent post, went into my profile and looked at my other posts then commented on her and you are being very condescending. I hope you feel great about yourself. Keep up the good work. Maybe you are the Troll.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderbabe 
 

Oh and by the way,

 

 

I LOVE your profile picture! Its sooo you :)

It is sooo her, classy and gorgeous.

cakealicious7 Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderbabe 
 

I'm not going to back down if someone is attacking me on purpose. I posted this a week ago, you commented on my recent post, went into my profile and looked at my other posts then commented on her and you are being very condescending. I hope you feel great about yourself. Keep up the good work. Maybe you are the Troll.

 

Ok so I read through all of your posts and I don't feel that anybody was attacking you-

especially not 'on purpose'. Everybody gave you valuable advice that was honest, if you didn't like

it then maybe you should have ignored it. You should think carefully how you answer, because the next time 

you ask a question the members might not want to answer.

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:27pm

A

Original message sent by scrumdiddlycakes

It is sooo her, classy and gorgeous.

Thanks! I looked that way for one day at least...ha!

as you wish Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:35pm

A

Original message sent by AZCouture

Thanks! I looked that way for one day at least...ha!

I totally picture you looking like that all the time. I suspect you roll out of bed in the morning with a lovely little cake in your hand!

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:45pm

AOhhhhh no, I wish! Actually no I don't, that would be too much work! I buy clothes every once in awhile at Old Navy pretty much. And a couple of nicer outfits for consults and delivering. Otherwise, it's flip flops and shorts and a ponytail!

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:46pm

AThe cakes may be designer, but the designer is not! ;-)

thecakewitch Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:46pm

A

Original message sent by ponderbabe

Oh and by the way,

I LOVE your profile picture! Its sooo you :)

Michelle, that is AZ. Pretty like her cakes!

lyndim Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:56pm

AWow, this post took a wrong turn!

ponderbabe Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 9:15pm

Yes it did. Im done though 

Sparklekat6 Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 9:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

The cakes may be designer, but the designer is not! icon_wink.gif

 

Have you been to many fashion shows?  The designer is usually the worst dressed person in the room!  Hahah!  

MimiFix Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 9:25pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemaker 

Jeez give it a rest people it's just cake!

 

Yes! We're here to talk cake. AZCouture has been a wonderful, thoughtful, and cheerful presence on CC. She has always shared her experience and is giving of her time. I'm sorry that you haven't had a chance to appreciate what a treasure we have with AZ.

 

Good-bye.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%