How To Firm Up Modeling Chocolate?

Decorating By Earlval33 Updated 27 Apr 2013 , 12:45am by Earlval33

Earlval33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Earlval33 Posted 25 Apr 2013 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 6

AThe recipe I used was 16 oz white chocolate and 1 cup corn syrup...I used real chocolate but it was in 12 oz bags so I guesstimated...it has set up I just need it to be a little firmer...thanks!!

5 replies
sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 25 Apr 2013 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 6

That seems like way too much corn syrup. The recipe I use is 12oz chocolate and only 1/3c corn syrup. You're probably going to have to work the excess oil into. it. Knead the heck out of it to try to incorporate it as best you can-- it's gonna feel like an oil slick-- cover overnight with saran wrap and knead it again tomorrow. It may take a few days to get it the right consistency.

Earlval33 Posted 26 Apr 2013 , 12:12am
post #3 of 6

AIt has a good consistency and feel...just a little soft...if it were fondant I would know to add powdered sugar or tylose...I'm just new at the chocolate clay and don't know how to thicken it up...I made it yesterday so I think it has set up for long enough

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 26 Apr 2013 , 12:32am
post #4 of 6

It's just going to take a while, could be overnight, could be a couple days. Modeling chocolate is one of those things that can't really be sped up. icon_smile.gif Hope it turns out well!

suzannem5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannem5 Posted 26 Apr 2013 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 6

If it was me I would remelt it and add more chocolate.

Earlval33 Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 12:45am
post #6 of 6

AAdding melted chocolate did the trick!!! Thanks a ton!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%