What Kind Of Stand Is This???

Decorating By pecanrican Updated 29 Apr 2013 , 4:49pm by punkinthegreat

pecanrican Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pecanrican Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 8

My client wants this cake but I am not sure what type of cake stand to use for this?? Please help

7 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 8

I am seeing that it is a mirror, I sometimes use this same effect with wedding cakes and anniversary and some birthday cakes. Others may have different answer. My brother in law owns a glass company and he cut me all sizes.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 8

ASorry, that's not a very good photo of the stand. Does she have one where you can see the stand? I can't tell if its just a curved piece I board or on a pedastal or what.

pecanrican Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 8

that is all she sent to me and the only picture that she had. I am not sure if I can stack it using separator plates and pillars? If so what kind? Any type of help would be appreciated

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 8

Looks like just cut out of wood or MDF or maybe foam core.  You could use any stacking/pillar system on it.  I am not sure I am really understanding what you are wondering.  It looks like just a square with the corners rounded on it.  Are you talking about the glass outside of it?  I think that is just the table that the square bottom is sitting on.  Wait, are you talking about the spaces between the tiers that have flowers stuck in?  If so, yes pillars and plated.  You can use the push in pillars with a plate on top holding the next cake or you can use a  plate/pillar/plate between each.

pecanrican Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 8

Yes I was talking about the separators. Thank you so much

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 4:47pm
post #7 of 8

AOh! Sorry I thought you were asking about the stand.

Any SPS will do. I prefer coast from Pfiel & Holing

punkinthegreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinthegreat Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 8

Sure would like to know and see how you made out with stacking the cake.  Did you take pictures?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%