Cake Boss Software - Should I?

Business By sizwile Updated 29 Apr 2013 , 9:27pm by SetFree

sizwile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sizwile Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 10

Hellooo,

I am still new in this business but would love a simple tool to keep me organised. Is cake boss a worthy investment?

9 replies
SetFree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SetFree Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 3:53am
post #2 of 10

Hi,  i would also like to hear comments about this software.  It seems like there are so many questions about pricing on CC. I am surprised that this software is not mentioned very often.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 5:28am
post #3 of 10

ACake Boss hasn't been updated in a while so it won't work well with mobile devices. Depending on what you're looking for, you might be better off with something like QuickBooks to run your day-to-day business and creating pricing worksheets in a spreadsheet program like Excel.

JuanitaS74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuanitaS74 Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 6:39am
post #4 of 10

I bought it about 2 months ago, I bake for family & friends, and I love it!!

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 7:27am
post #5 of 10

I have had it for about a month. It does a great job of keeping me organized and knowing my profits and expenses.  It's really easy to use.  It does fall short in some regards so I hope they do an update soon to incorporate the things that it falls short on.  Bang for the buck tho I think its what I needed.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 7:53am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

Cake Boss hasn't been updated in a while so it won't work well with mobile devices. Depending on what you're looking for, you might be better off with something like QuickBooks to run your day-to-day business and creating pricing worksheets in a spreadsheet program like Excel.

I am so looking forward to an updated version. Kelly is probably too busy with the TX legislative session to update for now but sending prayers up for some new and updated features. I would still recommend the current version though. I love CakeBoss.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 10

I have Cake Boss Software and I love it.  It keeps everything organized.  Makes pricing easier.  I recommend it.  It takes a bit to input all your info, but then you are off and running.  I never have to worry about under pricing.  It was definitely worth the price.

sizwile Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone for the comments, I will probably go with it. Much appreciatedicon_biggrin.gif

sizwile Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 6:57pm
post #9 of 10

Oh and by the way, is it easily transferrable from one computer to another should I change my PC?

Thanks again!

SetFree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SetFree Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 9:27pm
post #10 of 10

Yes, thank you for the advice.  I will also purchase it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%