hestie71 Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 2:35am
post #1 of

I have been using Wilton pans but decided to buy a set of Magic Line pans. I do not know what I am doing wrong because my cakes will not come out of these new pans clean. I use my bake ease but the always stick in either the middle or on the edges. What am I doing wrong?

11 replies
Norasmom Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 3:06am
post #2 of

Are you lining with parchment and also greasing and flouring?  My cakes stick unless I grease and flour the heck out of the pans.

leah_s Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 3:27am
post #3 of

AYou can also put a circle of waxed paper in the bottom of the pan.

hestie71 Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 3:43am
post #4 of

I did not know you could put wax paper in them. I do spray the heck out of them with my Wilton cake ease but they still stick. I will try the wax paper. Thanks for the tip!

Smash Cakery Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 4:47am
post #5 of

I use Magic Line, and use "Baker's Joy" spray. It's cheaper than the wilton spray, and works like a charm.

Are your cakes fully baked when you turn them out? The only time I have ever had an issue with sticking is when my cake isn't baked fully and I take it out too early.

Godot Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 4:47am
post #6 of

AI use parchment circles in my pans, not waxed paper.

KateLS Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 5:25am
post #7 of

I noticed that too when I first began using Magic Line Pans.  None of the sprays I had used on my cheaper pans worked.  But if you use the Wilton Cake Release, it works great!  And yes, the parchment paper is awesome! 

hestie71 Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 1:33pm
post #8 of

AI have been checking to make sure they are done. I will try the Baker's Joy brand and see if that works. I am definitely going to try the parchment paper. I appreciate all the tips.

Smash Cakery Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 4:59pm
post #9 of

One more thing I thought of- how soon after baking are you turning them out? I wait ten minutes, and turn them out while the cake is still hot. If you wait until the cake is cooler or completely cooled, the anti-stick spray will turn into a sort of glue, and fuse the cake to the pan. Make sure you are turning them out about 10-15 minutes after they come out of the oven. 

hestie71 Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 5:35pm

AYes I wait 10 minutes to pull them out. When I bake in my Wilton pans they come right out that is why I am so confused and frustrated :(

auntginn Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 5:51pm

I prefer Magic Line to Wilton and only buy Wilton for specialty pans.  I grease them with shortening use wax paper in the bottom, and remove while warm.  But I also shake it from side to side to loosen it abit before turning over.

hestie71 Posted 28 Apr 2013 , 12:22am

AThank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%