Transporting Large Cupcake Order

Decorating By Dscupcakes Updated 22 Apr 2013 , 4:36pm by Bluehue

Dscupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dscupcakes Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 11:44am
post #1 of 3

I'm very excited to have my first large cupcake order for a luncheon. The customer has ordered 1200 cupcakes that they will pickup. Any suggestions on how to transport this many in disposable containers that wont be a ton of containers and wont cost a fortune??

2 replies
denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 3

If I recall someone used the flats that strawberries come into the grocery stores in.  Maybe a bunch of low, under the bed storage tubs.  Add in your container cost into your price.  Have you calculated out how much surface are you will need for storage and work space, and transportation space for that many cupcakes?

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dscupcakes 

I'm very excited to have my first large cupcake order for a luncheon. The customer has ordered 1200 cupcakes that they will pickup. Any suggestions on how to transport this many in disposable containers that wont be a ton of containers and wont cost a fortune??

A few years ago I had a huge wedding order for cupcakes...

I went to my local baker and asked if I could buy/hire/have a loan some large stackable bread crates...

Each bread crate held 90 cupcakes...................perfect.

Not sure where in the world you are...but this is what I am talking about... here in Australia.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&biw=947&bih=437&q=bread+crates+australia&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45512109,d.aGc&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=52R1UdmcF8-wiQfMgYHgAg

They stack so easily...ensuring that the tops of your cupcakes don't get damaged.

I laid non skid matting in the bottom and not one moved in the hours drive.

Perhaps you have a bakery or supermarket that you could ask .

If you can buy them...they are wonderful for using over and over again... I also use them for transporting tiers until I get to my destination.

Ask for a deposit on them.... plus a hiring fee...that way you cover your costs.

They also come in very handy when needing to transport large cookie orders

Hopefully this might help.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%