Including Various Themed In One Cake

Decorating By ClareBear66 Updated 29 Apr 2013 , 12:30pm by ClareBear66

ClareBear66 Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 11:34am
post #1 of 4

Hi All

I have just came from a consultation with a bride for a wedding cake in July

She is wanting what every bride wants, something elegant but different and has given me a list of things to include in the cake  and I am finding it impossible to include them all without it looking tacky and overdone

Can anyone offer me some advise - I have suggested a 4 tier circle cake with a handpainted countryside landscape and figurines of each of her children on each tier with her & her husband on top and to include little fondant decorations to represent their hobies (ie rugby ball, shopping bags, wine, cricket etc)

I am at a total loss, I tried to persuade her to minimise what she would like to include & pick a few main hobbies but she has her heart set on including everything

Any advice would be so helpful

She would like to include

Their new countryside living & home

Their 3 children

Her & her husband to be

their loves & hobbies - wine, cricket, shopping, hunting, haribo sweets, their new range rover jeep

Thanks in advance

Clare

3 replies
mariets Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 4

I have no advice, but the word elegant isn't the first word that springs to mind when I read her requests.

jani2316 Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 4

I would suggest to make a drawing of everything she wants on the cake, so she can see how unappealing it will look and not elegant at all.

ClareBear66 Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 12:30pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys

This cake description isnt my idea of elegant, I will try and give her a sketch visual and see if it illustrates my worry further

Thanks

Clare x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%