Cookie Cake

Baking By biscuiteater Updated 22 Apr 2013 , 5:25am by Apti

biscuiteater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biscuiteater Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 5

AHello! I have been asked to do a cookie cake (just one big flat cookie) for a Bday. I have read the threads here about cakes and looked on the net. I have decided to use Emeril's cookie recipe. My biggest pan is 14"..so that size. Here's where I'm unsure. The customer asked for a cookie to serve 20. The recipe says 8 servings. Can you double the recipe and just make a thicker cookie or will this not bake correctly? Any help appreciated....:D

4 replies
Rommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rommy Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 1:12am
post #2 of 5

AI use the Toll House choc chip cookie recipe. Found on the back of the bag or online. I spread it on a 14in pizza pan. I get 16 servings by making 8 "pizza slices" then cutting each in half across. Some prefer the crispy edge, others prefer the softer center part. However, if you do want to serve the whole slice I would recommend you bake a second cookie instead of making a thicker one. The outside of your cookie will be very crispy before the center is cooked.

biscuiteater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biscuiteater Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 1:16am
post #3 of 5

Rommy - Thank you very much!  I will look at that recipe...Sounds much more simple than what I was thinking!!!!

Rommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rommy Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 3:08am
post #4 of 5

AIt is! I make it every year for my daughter's bday. Be sure to use a pizza pan with a bit of a raised edge. Line your pan with parchment for easy removal. Don't bake it at 375 as some recipes suggest, it will brown before it is cooked. When you spread the dough, stop at about half an inch from the edge of your pan, the cookie will spread in the oven. To spread the cookie dough evenly, one you place the dough on your sheet, put some plastic wrap over the dough, the size of the pan, then use your hands to spread it, it keeps the dough from sticking to your hands, and it is easier than using a spatula. Once you think it's pretty even, you can use another pan and lightly press your dough. I have never tried a cake pan, I don't know if the cookie will break when flipped.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 5:25am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommy 

It is! I make it every year for my daughter's bday. Be sure to use a pizza pan with a bit of a raised edge. Line your pan with parchment for easy removal. Don't bake it at 375 as some recipes suggest, it will brown before it is cooked. When you spread the dough, stop at about half an inch from the edge of your pan, the cookie will spread in the oven. To spread the cookie dough evenly, one you place the dough on your sheet, put some plastic wrap over the dough, the size of the pan, then use your hands to spread it, it keeps the dough from sticking to your hands, and it is easier than using a spatula. Once you think it's pretty even, you can use another pan and lightly press your dough. I have never tried a cake pan, I don't know if the cookie will break when flipped.

Thanks for the specific details! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%