Need Some Tips. New At Charging People..

Decorating By highstar8 Updated 21 Apr 2013 , 11:15pm by kazita

highstar8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
highstar8 Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 2

AI have recently been encouraged by my friend to start taking orders for my cakes. I always did them as a favor but honestly I'm getting tired of the favor. I never had a concern of how many people a cake fed because I did it free of charge.

I am under the impression that: Round 8" serves 15 10" serves 30 12” serves 45 & Sheet Quarter sheet 13-inches x 9-inches 20 Half sheet 12-inches x 18-inches 40 3/4 sheet 18-inches x 18-inches 60 Full sheet 18-inches x 30-inches 80

Please correct me if I am wrong.... Also.....

What what do you charge for buttercream per slice? Do you charge extra for fillings? As for Fondant- What do you charge? and do you charge per slice? per figure?

I make my own MMF so its always fresh and delish.... (I have no problem using it for my flowers and such as I use tylose powder and it works GREAT!)

1 reply
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 2

AI believe a lot of people go by the wilton severing chart to figure out how many servings are in a cake.

www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm Than there's Earlenes chart you can go by , its alittle different than wiltons.

www.earlenescakes.com/ckserchart.htm

You would charge by the severing but give them a whole cake of course. Sometimes its best to print out the cutting chart out for people so that they know how to cut the cake to get the correct amount of severings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%