Calling All At Home Bakers!!

Decorating By Baking Queen Updated 21 Apr 2013 , 3:36pm by Baking Queen

Baking Queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Queen Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 6

AHey everyone! I am very curious as to the rules and regulations for staring an at home bakery business or just selling my items if I bake and decorate them in my kitchen. My state hasn't passed the cottage food law yet so am hesitant to say baking at home may not be an option or does that not matter?? Also, would someone have to come to inspect your kitchen or can I just start baking away? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks so much!

5 replies
embersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
embersmom Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 1:16pm
post #2 of 6

There's a lot of information about CFLs and home-based businesses in the Cake Decorating Business forum :)

To answer your question, it's my understand that you cannot legally exchange money for anything you make in your kitchen if your state does not have a CFL. 

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 6

AYou'll need to research the specific laws of your state, city, & town. It may be as easy as contacting your states DHEC, but some regions have very complicated guidelines depending on cities or counties within the same state.

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Queen Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 6

AThanks everyone !

Baking Queen Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 6

AT[quote name="bikemom3" url="/t/757278/calling-all-at-home-bakers#post_7385676"]Here's a starting point :) http://homebasedbaking.com/knowledgebase/rules-regulations/cottage-food-law-states/[/quoth] thank you so much bikemom3!! This was the exact thing I was looking for:) You made my day thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%