Cupcake Bouquets And Filled Cupcakes?

Baking By newb2 Updated 27 Apr 2013 , 9:15pm by bct806

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 1:22am
post #1 of 5

I'm planning on making a cupcake bouquet for a dessert auction. I'd like to do a filled cupcake to give it a little more pizzazz but I'm not sure how well that would do if I have to pierce the cupcakes with skewers. Has anyone done this? Any tips?

Also, I'd love to hear if you have any favorite fillings! thanks.

4 replies
scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 1:25am
post #2 of 5
newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 1:53am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

I'd use the cup method, http://cakecentral.com/a/rose-bouquet-cupcakes

Have you done this before? Are 4 oz cups easy to find or do I need to go to a supply store? Are they regular drinking cups or the little plastic short cups used for take-out salad dressing, etc? Do the cupcakes fall to the bottom of the cup? sorry for all the questions....thanks for the help.

wcallen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wcallen Posted 26 Apr 2013 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 5

Use the take out cups. You can get them at Party City or Walmart. Will have to hot glue the cups together.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 5

I didn't like the cup method. I got a styrofoam ball and punched the holes through it with the skewers. I left enough poking through the top so that it would poke halfway through the cupcake. It turned out great and all the cupcakes stayed in the whole day. (I was selling it at a fundraiser and it was outside in the wind.) I don't know about using a filling. Since you are poking a hole in the middle of the cupcake I would think that would make it to soft to stay all day. It may work if you use the filling tip instead of the coring method but I would definitely try it on one first. I also made gumpaste flowers to cover up the spots in between the cupcakes but you could use other things as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%