Frozen Buttercream Transfers

Decorating By KathleenC Updated 20 Apr 2013 , 1:57pm by kazita

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 4

I am going to attempt (for the first time) a frozen buttercream transfer to create a character for the top of a cake.  I'm wondering how long I can keep it frozen once it's complete?  I freeze SMBC all the time in containers so I know it keeps fine that way, but once the transfer is piped onto the wax paper, should I cover it with something or just keep it uncovered in the freezer until I'm ready to use it (if I'm lucky enough to have it turn out as hoped)?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to make it a few days in advance of completing the cake, just in case it doesn't turn out and I have to go to plan B (which is either try making another one, or try to find someone who can do an edible printout for me).

(yes, I should be more optimistic about my abilities, but it IS something new for me)  icon_smile.gif

3 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 4

AHello, just recently there was a lady on here who did her frozen transfer a few weeks ahead of time and it turned out fine.

cakecentral.com/t/755863/frozen-butter-cream-transfers

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks kazita!  That helps a lot!  icon_smile.gif

(Sorry...I'm a googleaholic normally, but didn't this time.  I should have searched first)

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 4

A

Original message sent by KathleenC

Thanks kazita!  That helps a lot!  :)

(Sorry...I'm a googleaholic normally, but didn't this time.  I should have searched first)

I don't have a problem googling and bringing back a link for someone. HAPPY BAKING :grin:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%