Boba Tea Straws - Another Thread, Sorry

Decorating By Bubbl3h3ad Updated 19 Apr 2013 , 9:33pm by auntginn

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 3

I know there are countless threads on this but i couldn't find what I want to ask in the ones I read so far...

I am making a 5-tier wedding cake, will be transported unassembled, in single tiers and put together at the site. I have been using the sps system and love it. However, I don't make tons of wedding cakes like some do and so I don't order in bulk. I'm out of columns for the sps and I don't feel like I can pay more for shipping ($15) than the columns themselves cost. That's ridiculous and I'm a little peeved about it.

icon_sad.gif.

Anyways, So I am wondering if I would be able to use Boba straws in a cake this big? Since I am assembling on-site, would you suggest that I still use a middle dowel if I end up using the straws?

I don't want to use the wooden dowels, as I have a hard time getting them exactly the same length. I also do not what this cake to collapse!

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 3

ABoba straws will work. People still use them. Just be sure to cut your straws all the same height. I wouldn't bother with the center dowel unless its going to be moved

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 3

Boba straws will be perfect.  I can understand how you feel about the shipping, just had that conversation with someone.  I'm not buying the statement, "Gas prices are so high"  Some things we buy don't weigh that much to charge so much for shipping.

Sorry to run away with your topic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%