Boston Bakery And Cake Shops

Decorating By paolacaracas Updated 19 Apr 2013 , 2:43pm by kikiandkyle

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 1:51am
post #1 of 9

AI'll be traveling to Boston for the weekend. Any suggestions for the best cake shops to visit? Thanks?

8 replies
rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 2:20am
post #2 of 9

AI live in Boston and honestly I buy most of my stuff on-line. We just don't have any cake supply stores other than party type stores. AC Moore actually has some pretty good stuff. The best store that I know of is Lorraine's but its in Hingham, MA about 45 minutes from Boston. Check out their website. Hope this helps! :-) RJ

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 2:21am
post #3 of 9

Not sure about cake shops, there aren't too many right in Boston.  But....you definitely should go to Mike's Pastry in the North End for a cannoli! 

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 2:33am
post #4 of 9

I know a great little hotel, but unfortunately, the recent explosions happened practically on its doorstep. I hope the staff and guests were all OK.

Never really needed a cake in Boston, as I've only been there for parts of four different vacations (almost all of one of them).

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 8:48am
post #5 of 9

I had some really nice cupcakes from a little shop at the bottom of School St - opposite the Famine memorial. Sorry I cant remember the name and it's a jewellers on Google street view

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 11:42am
post #6 of 9

AThank you for your answers. I'm not asking about were to buy supplies, it's more were to go see beautiful cakes or eat some pasties and cupcakes

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 9

ANowhere, since the entire city is in lockdown.

If things change your best bet is to check the Yelp listings for Boston.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 2:11pm
post #8 of 9

I lived in downtown Boston for 10 years, just moved away 3 years ago.   If you want pastry and awesome Italian food, go to the North End!  If you want really cool restaurants, check out the South End.  If you want Seafood, check out Legal Seafoods.  Shopping...Newbury Street and the Prudential Center.  Many, many options, just not cake shops, per say.  If you are going to Boston in a few days, most likely things will have returned to normal...hopefully anyways.  Have fun...it's such a cool place to visit.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 2:43pm
post #9 of 9

AThere's the chocolate buffet at The Langham which is supposed to be on Saturdays, you might be able to do that.

http://boston.langhamhotels.com/restaurants/chocolate_bar.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%