Another Ganache Question?

Decorating By auntginn Updated 19 Apr 2013 , 5:19pm by auntginn

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 10

I'm sure its been asked but haven't found the answer I'm seeking in all those pages.  So If it has I apologize.

I want to use ganache instead of buttercream, but will not be covering with fondant after. I don't want to pour it over because I want it to have the crisp square edges and this will be a white ganache.

Does anybody use ganache this way?

TIA

9 replies
Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 10

I have once Auntginn.  After I make my Ganache I toss it in the fridge to harden up a bit then get it out when it firm enough to spread. Then smooth it with a warm spatula to get the crispness I desire!  Good Luck! =-)

auntginn Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you.  One more question?  Did you crumb coat first and then a second layer or just all at once?

Pirikos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pirikos Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 10

Hi there

If you don't wanto to cover it with nothing you can pour it while it's still warm, wich gives you a smooth finish.

If you want to have a sharp finish, let it could down to mold it to the shape you want.

As for the crumb coat, we never use it !!! We don't like to do it. If you have a irregular cake, just cut in to the shape you want, and the ganache him !! 

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 10

AHi there Auntginn , I have never used ganache but just the other day there was a thread on here where someone had posted a utube video about ganache. I'll post the first video and if you watch it you can see where to find the next two utube videos . Hope this helps you.

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qFtm8q4m4Bk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqFtm8q4m4Bk

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 10

AThere's a really good tutorial somewhere on this site. I'll see if I can find the link for you

sweettooth101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 11:46pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you everyone.  I'll be making a cake this weekend and want to feel very confidant that it will look good and taste as good as it looks.  You all helped.  I've been watching all the video's and reading tutorials like crazy.

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 1:27pm
post #9 of 10

Yep, Sweettooth, those are the videos I was looking for.  Made my life sooo much easier :)

auntginn Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 5:19pm
post #10 of 10

Sweettooth, I watched them last nite.  Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%