Imbc Or Amc?

Decorating By deadmedia Updated 17 Apr 2013 , 10:50pm by Crimsicle

deadmedia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deadmedia Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 4

AI'm making a single tier, three layer fondant covered cake. I want to have a lemon filling and a raspberry filling. I've already made lemon curd and a raspberry sauce. I want to fold them into the icing to make the fillings. I was wondering which buttercream, imbc or abc, would be better for that. Also, if it matters I'm making the cake today (Wednesday) and serving it Saturday night. I would appreciate any help or opinions on this. I'm about to make the buttercream now and I can't make up my mind which one lol...thanks!

3 replies
Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 4

I think I'd go with the IMBC over the ABC.  I used to work exclusively with ABC, but now that I've been working with SMBC, I like it better, tastewise, but it's still a lot of work.  So for personal consumption, I'd go with the meringue buttercream.

Although, I think it would taste better with just the curd or filling by itself and not mixed with the IMBC.  But that's just me.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 4

This is a matter of personal tastes.  I do not like IMBC and would use either straight filling or abc

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 4

I'm another one who doesn't like IMBC, taste-wise.  I also don't care for it's stability (or lack thereof).  I use IMBC upon request and only if the cake won't be subjected to a lot of physical stress.  I'd be scared to death to put it under fondant, but I do know other people do it all the time.  This is one of those things where I think it's better to do a few experiments and find out what works best for YOU. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%