How Do I Make A 3D Hoot Cake From Giggle And Hoot

Decorating By wendymc2001 Updated 2 May 2013 , 6:00am by wendymc2001

wendymc2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendymc2001 Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 4:16am
post #1 of 4

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advise on how to make a hoot cake from giggle and hoot.

I do not know the show and need to make one for my nephews birthday next month so any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wendy

3 replies
mkaraan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkaraan Posted 1 May 2013 , 1:33am
post #2 of 4

AHi Wendy,

I'm not sure this would work, but you can give it a try. I would try making the bottom half of Hoot with rice cereal. I would use a little less marshmallow than the recipe calls for, this will give you a firmer cereal. Once it's cool enough to the touch, try and pack it down as tight as you can while shaping it into a semi-circle. The top part is cake baked into a large oven proof bowl. Make extra circular cakes to get the height you need. Make sure to use lots of dowels. I made a cake that needed similar construction, but the cereal was the top layer. I posted the picture if you want to take a look.

Good luck [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2996159/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

mkaraan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkaraan Posted 1 May 2013 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 4

AHi Wendy,

I just had another idea! You should try to use a large board with a thick wooden dowel in the middle. And use a small PVC pipe around the dowel to help support a small cake board a couple of inches above the large board. I hope this makes sense. The combination of both ideas Should work. Good luck!

wendymc2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendymc2001 Posted 2 May 2013 , 6:00am
post #4 of 4

thanks mkaraan this is helpful.

Never tried to make rice cereal before so will give it ago, will let you know how it turns out.

Wendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%