Stephen King Themed Cupcakes?

Decorating By Sandra80 Updated 15 Apr 2013 , 4:29pm by cakealicious7

Sandra80 Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make stephen king themed cupcakes.....thus far we have The shining with Redrum cupcakes (red velvet with rum buttercream) and we have It with funfetti cake and cotton candy buttercream.....trying to come up with a 3rd idea.....any body have a suggestion? I really am not up to speed on what's stephen king and what's some other book/horror movie.

3 replies
IAmPamCakes Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 4

AStephen King has an 8 book series called The Dark Tower, but it isn't horror, it's about a gunslinger. The Talisman, Dreamcatcher, Secret Window Secret Garden. He has so many books & short stories. I would recommend looking up his several collections of short stories. You would be amazed at how many movies have been made from them. Pet Cemetary, Bag of Bones, Thinner... If I think of any cupcake ideas I'll let you know

Crazy-Gray Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 4

AOoh that sounds like so much fun! On a Carrie theme you could do something somewhat plain looking; angel food cupcakes with white van ache maybe but have them with a fire hot middle (Carrie took revenge on her school by locking everyone in and burning it down with her secret powers)

You could go for a misery theme (the writer held prisoner forced to write a new story for his biggest fan) decorate the top with typewriter keys and maybe a severed thumb on one.....

Christine is my most favourite movie ever: the jealous car! They'd look great all red and shiny with headlights and silver trim... Flavour would be tough, maybe something slightly sour like lemon or lime....

Hope that helps! :-)

cakealicious7 Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 4

AWow crazy-gray they are some good ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%