Need Help In How Would I Get A Glass Affect?

Decorating By joandwade Updated 15 Apr 2013 , 8:44am by kyliecake

joandwade Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 10:40am
post #1 of 5

AI want to do car cake for my husband and I want to do the heads lights glass affect is there any way this can be done?

4 replies
kyliecake Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 11:17am
post #2 of 5

I am certainly not an expert, but what about making little toffee like discs? You know when you boil sugar and water together to a certain temperature but remove it before it changes colour.  otherwise  I'm sure you could use isomalt but I have never used it.

joandwade Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 5

AThanks that's not a bad I idea whats isomalt ? too. I doubt I can get that here in Cyprus it's hard to find anything here.

manddi Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 5

AA candy thermometer is a must! 2 cups sugar 2/3 cup light corn syrup 3/4 cup water

Combine all in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Quit stirring and bring to a boil.If you want to add color, do so when the temp reaches 260 F (1/2 tsp liquid food color). Do not stir! Remove from heat at 300 F. When it stops boiling you can add a dram of lorann flavoring and stir but watch out for steam! Pour into lightly oiled candy molds and let cool and harden. If the pieces are sticking together you can lightly dust them with powdered sugar but that will give you more of a frosted glass look.

Hope that helps!

kyliecake Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 8:44am
post #5 of 5

Isomalt is like sugar sticks which you melt and pour into moulds.  You have to get them from cake deco centres.  Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%