What Combination Would You Choose For A Fruit Wedding Cake?

Decorating By meriam Updated 15 Apr 2013 , 10:51pm by meriam

meriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meriam Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 3:31am
post #1 of 4

hi all

i m about to make my first wedding cake(some of you should know it already,because i m asking so many questions!!!i m so stressed!!!

BTW i want to thank you all for your helpful answers and your support!!

well,i have to make a 2tier wedding cake,and i live in a hot and humid weather.the ceremony will be held in a place with no air con.

i have some ideas of cake,frosting and filling but not sure it could be the right combination to choose,and i m also afraid about how the cake will support my choices considering the weather.

so,if experienced bakers from here could share ideas and tips about that,it would be very helpful and very kind.

3 replies
skinnydesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skinnydesserts Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:02am
post #2 of 4

I live in a warm clima too and a few years ago the pastry chef of the restaurant worked in made me a fruit cake for my birthday.

It was a three layer orange cake (not too strong in flavor), two layers filled with chantilly and fresh peaches and one with chantilly and fresh strawberries. 

It was covered in white chocolate buttercream with orange licor (American buttercream), It hold its shape for more than 8 hours.

Hope that might help you!

TheBakingNurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBakingNurse Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:05am
post #3 of 4

fresh fruit in a cake is tricky even in cooler weather. It starts to release liquid and can make the cake soggy.I have heard horror stories about the fruit actually spoiling in the cake- however i have never experienced this.  I would stick to fruit preserve type filling not fresh. Nothing with whipped cream, milk or  cream cheese for the frostings. You can make a fruit flavored butter cream just by adding the preserves to the butter cream. Hope this helps...

meriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meriam Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 4

thank you skinnydesserts for sharing your experience.

i agree with you Thebakingnurse,i think i m not gonna use fresh fruit,nor CC.perhaps a BC with preserve could be a good option.thanks for sharing;

does anyone else have other ideas to share,please?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%