Help With The Flowers On This Cake!

Decorating By katiebunt Updated 14 Apr 2013 , 6:19am by kazita

katiebunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
5 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 3:34am
post #2 of 6

Why don't you try sending a PM to the person who made it.  They are a member here.

katiebunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiebunt Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:37am
post #3 of 6

I posted questions on the pics, but I'm running short on time if the flowers will take a lot of drying time. I thought someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:53am
post #4 of 6

AIts an adorable cake. It looks like they are fondant flowers with maybe some royal icing added on some of the flowers after they have been placed on the cake. I would make most of the flowers out of fondant than use sugar glue ( just a tiny dab) to place the flowers on the cake. I believe sugar glue is made by having like a cup of sugar with a cup of water than boil it until sugar is dissolved it keeps in the frig for 3 weeks.

kazita Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 5:12am
post #5 of 6

AIn class we would take a small piece of fondant and put it in alittle water than put it in the microwave for a few seconds than stir until the fondant was dissolved that would be our glue and we used a small artist brush to dab the glue onto the cake or flowers that we were making.

kazita Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:19am
post #6 of 6

AYou don't want to dry the flowers flat, you want them to have the curve of the cake so I'm not sure it's you want to dry them before putting on the cake or just cut them out and put them on the cake while the there still soft . All I know is you don't want them to dry flat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%