Ganache For Almond Joy Cake

Baking By firechickrn08 Updated 24 Apr 2013 , 12:35am by firechickrn08

firechickrn08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firechickrn08 Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 7

AAny good recipes for ganache or buttercream for an almond joy cake?? And which do y'all prefer for the frosting and filling??? Thanks!!

6 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 7

Lindt makes a white coconut bar that I have been wanting o make ganache with....I know that doesn't really answer your question, but every time I think of it I think almond joy!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 7

Isn't an almond joy cake coconut cake with dark ganache?

Use a standard chocolate ganache that is 2 part by weight of dark chocolate and 1 part by weight of whipping cream (35% BF).  Add a little unsalted butter ( 1-2 ounces per pound of chocoalte) to allow this to be poured over the cake.

Fill your cake with white buttercream (or whatever).  Use the warm chocolate ganache to crumb coat. Let that set a t room temp for a half hour, and then pour the rest of the ganache on with the cake sitting on a rack.  You can reuse the drips--just heat them carefully over warm water.

firechickrn08 Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 2:28am
post #4 of 7

A

Original message sent by savannahquinn

Lindt makes a white coconut bar that I have been wanting o make ganache with....I know that doesn't really answer your question, but every time I think of it I think almond joy!

Mmm that does sound yummy!!

firechickrn08 Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 2:30am
post #5 of 7

A

Original message sent by BakingIrene

Isn't an almond joy cake coconut cake with dark ganache?

Use a standard chocolate ganache that is 2 part by weight of dark chocolate and 1 part by weight of whipping cream (35% BF).  Add a little unsalted butter ( 1-2 ounces per pound of chocoalte) to allow this to be poured over the cake.

Fill your cake with white buttercream (or whatever).  Use the warm chocolate ganache to crumb coat. Let that set a t room temp for a half hour, and then pour the rest of the ganache on with the cake sitting on a rack.  You can reuse the drips--just heat them carefully over warm water.

The recipe I am using is a chocolate cake with coconut filling... Thank you for the recipe and tips!! Sounds good to me!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 9:48pm
post #6 of 7

Coconut ganache: You will need to find an Asian grocery store or online source.  Get real Thai style coconut milk that is used for cooking. I prefer Taste of Thai brand if I can't find Grace brand or Golden Rooster brand.

Chill the 15 ounce can before opening it.  Pour off the clear liquid and use the cup or so of white part like "cream" in a ganache recipe with white chocolate.  Save the clear liquid to adjust consistency if you want to pour the ganache--this will depend on the exact brand of coconut milk you buy.

You will also need to add some coconut flavour.  LorAnn is best (concentrated) but McCormicks is OK for taste (watery, need to ad a lot more of it).

firechickrn08 Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 12:35am
post #7 of 7

A

Original message sent by BakingIrene

Coconut ganache: You will need to find an Asian grocery store or online source.  Get real Thai style coconut milk that is used for cooking. I prefer Taste of Thai brand if I can't find Grace brand or Golden Rooster brand.

Chill the 15 ounce can before opening it.  Pour off the clear liquid and use the cup or so of white part like "cream" in a ganache recipe with white chocolate.  Save the clear liquid to adjust consistency if you want to pour the ganache--this will depend on the exact brand of coconut milk you buy.

You will also need to add some coconut flavour.  LorAnn is best (concentrated) but McCormicks is OK for taste (watery, need to ad a lot more of it).

That sounds great!! Thank you so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%