Need A Name Reflecting Family And Kids Maybe....

Baking By mrslyston Updated 13 Apr 2013 , 10:58am by enga

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 8:47am
post #31 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz at sugar 

I'm with Annabakescakes - you should not name your business after your kids.  How would it affect them if the business fails?  Or they hear someone with negative feedback about it?  You think they won't take it personally, but it is hard not to if it is their name being used.  Just my 2 cents.

Liz

That is a thought, as well! Plus, there was a lady on here, that has now been banned, who had her business named after her daughter, and people thought it was her name, and called her, her daughter's name. What a mess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaulir 

That just makes me think you're going to forget my order, or that little Benny Bug is going to throw his toy car at the cake you've just finished making for me.

If you want to give a homey, cosy-type vibe, maybe something to do with Mom's home baking something or other.

Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaulir 

Wow? Anna makes a great point. Honestly, no-one cares as much about your kids as you do, and your clients couldn't give a fig about them. I certainly don't expect anyone I'm making a cake for to ask, care, or know about my kids. They want you to be competent, professional, and care about them and their event - not the other way around.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enga 

I happen to love kids, sticky ones too, that's what bathtubs are for,lol.  I don't think there is anything cuter than watching a baby smash and eat their first cake.

OP, good luck with naming your bakery. I hope you came up with something that reflects you and your family.

I love them too, just my own, and a very small portion of them who are not my own. And it is not the kids' faults I do not like them, it is the parents, for spoiling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuiteater 

I understand....kids make life fun!  Whether I'm in the middle of my classroom in the middle of a energy lab using stinky liver (EEEKKKKK) or delivering a mickey mouse birthday cake...Their excitement about things is infectious to me.  Don't get me wrong, they can drive you nuts, but I appreciate the excitement they can get out of things.  As we get older, we loose that....

Yep, kids are fun, except for when they aren't. And speak for yourself about losing the excitement in things. My husband and I are 38 and 33, and we get damn excited about toys, and movies, and all manner of immaturity is hilarious!

Quote:

Yea, she made a great point, "she doesn't like kids", we get that.  The OP just wants to incorporate her kids names in her business.  I cant believe for the life of me some of these post.  Why would you even say that on a public forum and you sale cakes for kids.SMDH

Where exactly did you quote that from? It wasn't me. FYI, those cute little " are called quotation marks. When you use them twice, it means the sentence in between is a quote, which means it is something that someone else said. So, if no one said it, you shouldn't use quotes in that manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

Anna for president. icon_wink.gif

Thank you! I accept your nomination! For my first act as President, I would like to make it legal to publically spank parents when there kids are horrible. ;-)

Quote:

A friend of a friend where I used to live opened an artisan bakery and used his sons nickname for the name of the bakery and it's logo. Doing fantastic by the way. www.rocketbabybakery.com

Here's how they started and came up with the name

http://www.jsonline.com/business/rocket-baby-bakery-taking-off-in-wauwatosa-9q6k10s-174104581.html

I wish you luck OP, if you have a good product, it doesn't matter what you name it thumbs_up.gif.

Cute, but not exactly what I was talking about. I don't think everyone would get that reference. It seems not much different that Frisch's Big Boy restaurant, or Sonic.

DonnaRupinski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DonnaRupinski Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:01am
post #32 of 52

AYeah.....the first word to pop in my mind after reading that post was......WOW. Actually, a few other words came to mind but, WOW, is the only one I would post. I've heard how nasty things can get on some of these threads and I've never dared post a question/comment/etc in fear of it happening. Too bad this poor girl had to experience it after asking a pretty innocent question.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:06am
post #33 of 52

WOW.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:06am
post #34 of 52

That was fun! I'm gonna do it some more! WOW.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:08am
post #35 of 52

WOW wow Wow.  It is just such a wow word, it can mean anything. Wow.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:11am
post #36 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Sticky, or muddy, snotty or even pukey or poopy kids don't bother me, if they are my kids. I just don't want other people's kids germs on me. I have a business, and people rely on me. If I get sick, I have to figure out what to do to get cakes out there still.

Sticky, or muddy, snotty or even pukey or poopy kids, wow, what a great definition of kids, never described them that way while relating to them before. Maybe rambunctious, cute, or a handful. Really? Is that the first thing that comes to mind to describe them?

That is what germicides are for.

What does this have to do with naming a bakery?

I actually LOVE children very much, it is just the stupid parents I can't stand. Before I started my business, I volunteered in our church nursery every other week, and just adored about 1/3 of the kids. I wiped noses, butts, and the floor, and it didn't bother me a bit. The kids I couldn't stand, I felt sorry for, and tried to show them how to behave right in the 3 short hours I had them, and heaped loads of praise on them when they acted like humans, and not animals. I grew to love the brighter ones that learned how to behave. Their parents were always early dropping them off, and late getting them, and couldn't stand them either, since they had never taught them to mind.

What does this have to do with naming a bakery?

And I was always a baby sitter, and hung out with young kids when I was a teenager! I talk to them like they are people, and not pets, like a lot of people who profess to love children do.

I talk to kids like they are human beings.

In the time I have been in business, I have had exactly 6 kids come into my business. The first 2 were siblings and ran around the bakery, literally. They messed in everything, and I finally had to say something myself when the girl grabbed a chair, dragged it over to my dummy cakes and started poking and grabbing them. I blame the mother, because she never said a word. The next girl was super good, and stood there, and I asked her questions, and gave her a free cupcake, with her mother's permission. The next 2 were siblings, at a tasting, and the little girl got snot on my lace table cloth, and filling and crumbs smeared into it, while the boy ran around in circles. Not a word was said. Then, the little girl flipped the table over, and my fancy platter broke on the floor. Good thing they had scarfed all the cake down! Then, the last child came with her mother to order a cake for her First Communion. I talked to her like she was an adult, asked her about school, and her uniform, and really got what she wanted in her cake down. They are both thrilled with the design, and can't wait. I actually found out after the consultation, that it was my Health Inspector's wife and daughter, lol!

Shouldn't your precious things be out of reach from children?

That is it, in 3 years. 6 kids. And, I have made hundreds of cakes for kids, they just aren't the ones with the cash, placing the order. Adults do that. I don't expect the client to have to deal with my kids when they are here. They see the basketball hoop, and scooters, and skateboards, and bikes, and the half pipe in our yard. There is always chalk all over the driveway! I relate to them when they mention relatable things. "Oh, my daughter loves Monster High, too!" "My son turns 4 on Sunday, also!" But I always keep my kids out of the bakery, it is not the place for children.

The OP never said anything about kids in the actual bakery just that she wanted to include their names in the business.

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:17am
post #37 of 52
Quote:

That is a thought, as well! Plus, there was a lady on here, that has now been banned, who had her business named after her daughter, and people thought it was her name, and called her, her daughter's name. What a mess!

Yep!

Truer words have never been spoken!

I love them too, just my own, and a very small portion of them who are not my own. And it is not the kids' faults I do not like them, it is the parents, for spoiling them.

Yep, kids are fun, except for when they aren't. And speak for yourself about losing the excitement in things. My husband and I are 38 and 33, and we get damn excited about toys, and movies, and all manner of immaturity is hilarious!

Where exactly did you quote that from? It wasn't me. FYI, those cute little " are called quotation marks. When you use them twice, it means the sentence in between is a quote, which means it is something that someone else said. So, if no one said it, you shouldn't use quotes in that manner.

Thank you! I accept your nomination! For my first act as President, I would like to make it legal to publically spank parents when there kids are horrible. ;-)

Cute, but not exactly what I was talking about. I don't think everyone would get that reference. It seems not much different that Frisch's Big Boy restaurant, or Sonic.

It was not referenced to you, it was for the OP

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:18am
post #38 of 52
Quote:

WOW wow Wow.  It is just such a wow word, it can mean anything. Wow.

Please stay on topic.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:24am
post #39 of 52

A

Original message sent by enga

Please stay on topic. Your horns are showing.

How deliciously ironic.

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:38am
post #40 of 52
Quote:

How deliciously ironic.

Not as ironic as this thread

http://cakecentral.com/t/752311/the-thread-about-allergy-suffering-client-and-business-practices

Just shows your true colors, why it's enough to give you a migraine.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:39am
post #41 of 52

ATee-hee. It is ALWAYS so amusing when a member is so obviously irritated by another member.

Watching people embarrass themselves in public is good entertainment.

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:41am
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

Tee-hee. It is ALWAYS so amusing when a member is so obviously irritated by another member.

Watching people embarrass themselves in public is good entertainment.

So are your past posts especially when they contradict your present posts.

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:41am
post #43 of 52

My what a tangled web........

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:44am
post #44 of 52

ANice edit.

"Sticky, or muddy, snotty or even pukey or poopy kids, wow, what a great definition of kids, never described them that way while relating to them before. Maybe rambunctious, cute, or a handful. Really? Is that the first thing that comes to mind to describe them?"

Someone else used sticky first, I just added the other descriptions. And I was being literal., Not decri ing their personalities. Those things don't bother me, if a child should be sticky, or poopy, I just clean them up. I think that you would be the only one to see a child blow through a diaper, or be covered in their own vomit and say."wow! What a cute kid!"

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:46am
post #45 of 52

ABtw, is anyone seeing the little cutie in my profile pic? Just done sucking on the beater? I love that kid!!! He is mine.

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:53am
post #46 of 52
Quote:

Btw, is anyone seeing the little cutie in my profile pic? Just done sucking on the beater? I love that kid!!! He is mine.

He's sticky and cute, and in regards to your other post,  yes Anna I would because those things can be cleaned up, it doesn't take away from the cuteness of the kid.

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 10:01am
post #47 of 52

If you have ever worked in an E.R. you would know why I stand behind my answer.

Godot Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 10:28am
post #48 of 52

A

If you have ever worked in an E.R. you would know why I stand behind my answer.

I've worked in the ER and I have no idea what your babble is about.  

Godot Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 10:30am
post #49 of 52

AI've worked in the ER and I have no idea what your babble is about

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 10:37am
post #50 of 52

Sick kids that vomit or mess themselves, that happen to be cute. That's what babble I'm talking about.

She said I would be the only person to say wow, cute kid and I have because under that mess was a cute kid.

Getit Godot. Good!

Godot Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 10:38am
post #51 of 52

A

Sick kids that vomit or mess themselves, that happen to be cute. That's what babble I'm talking about.

She said I would be the only person to say wow, cute kid and I have because under that mess was a cute kid.

Getit Godot. Good!

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 10:58am
post #52 of 52

Speaking of sick, I'm sick and tired of this conversation, sick of this thread, and sick of people who don't like kids.......(Walks out and sprays herself down with hospital strength sanitizer).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%