Cheapest Fondant To Buy Online That Ships To Australia?

Decorating By kirraellen Updated 13 Apr 2013 , 12:14pm by kirraellen

kirraellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirraellen Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 9:10am
post #1 of 8

Hi all, ive been looking at many websites to buy fondant off i have found some great prices on many websites like cakecookiesandcrafts (uk), gsa and fondant source etc but all the shiping costs are huge like $50+

This question is asked all the time im sure but i can only find american supliers in the responses.

ANY help would be GREAT icon_biggrin.gif THANKS

7 replies
Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 9:49am
post #2 of 8

Why not buy it in Australia?  Where in Queensland are you?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 10:07am
post #3 of 8

Cakes around town in Australia will work out cheaper than trying to ship from overseas.  I get my icing shipped from them and from Bakeboss in Perth, depending who has what on special as both have subsidized shipping rates.

kirraellen Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 11:41am
post #4 of 8

AThanks! I thought online would be cheaper as I've seen that recommended in majority of blogs but all overseas companies. I found some cheap on eBay which was great but will check out that Thanks so much :)

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 8

Cakes around town , really are very good . I buy a lot equipment from them. They are situated at Darra if you are in Brissy , however their postage is very reasonable and often have specials on it. 

For Icing , I buy through my local branch of the Cake Decorating Association.  We can get the 7kg buckets of Bakels for $48 and the smaller coloured icings are around the $8 to $10 mark. 

sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 8

i buy my 7kg bakels for $44 at timstock.com.au here in melbourne. that's the cheapest i found so far

FrecklesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrecklesCakes Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 8

WOW! I stupidly thought I had a 7kg bucket at home when it was time to cover my wedding cake recently only to find it pretty much empty so sent my sister to the local cake shop and it was $70 for the 7kg bucket! Perth - gotta love it :) I will be more organised next time :)

Kirra is there an overseas brand you prefer? Is that the reason its so much more here? If not and you are thinking of buying bulk off ebay or overseas maybe see if you can find a smaller amount here first to try the fondant as they aren't all the same and you may not like working with it.

kirraellen Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 12:14pm
post #8 of 8

AThanks everyone! :) I just assumed and had seen on a few blogs / you tube videos that they buy online either from aus or overseas company's as they are cheaper and cake store supplier generally aren't that cheap. But will def use the above advice thanks everyone really appreciate it x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%