adamgjohnson Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 7:17pm
post #1 of

I am a novice but have done cakes for about 6 years, mainly for friends and family.  A coworkers wife asked me if I could make this.  I don't know what type of frosting or whatever this is.  Any help would be appreciated!!!




7 replies
MyThreeCakes Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 7:20pm
post #2 of

it looks like fondant to me.......

aem1029 Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 7:29pm
post #3 of

that one looks like fondant but you can achieved that look with buttercream too.

leah_s Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 7:57pm
post #4 of

looks like fondant, but most people do that design in bc.  In fact, I've never seen it done in fondant before!

adamgjohnson Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 9:43pm
post #5 of

I assumed fondant as well but it sure seemed like a lot of fondant and work for something that no one would really eat. 

adamgjohnson Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 1:33am
post #6 of

now I need to go find a buttercream recipe that will do that.  Mine won't stand up that well.  I need more powdered make it more firm?

Rodriguez-km Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 1:47am
post #7 of

Yes, more powder sugar will make it stiffer.

peilinl Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 2:01am
post #8 of

A meringue buttercream will be able to get that. with thinner ruffles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%