Help!!!! Making A Flat Screen Tv With Fondant And Edible Image

Decorating By Ebony628 Updated 11 Apr 2013 , 4:30am by RoyalCreamery

Ebony628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ebony628 Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:05am
post #1 of 6

I NEED HELP!!!! I have a cake that a customer called and needs it this weekend Saturday morning. She wants a cake in the shape of a flat screen tv with an edible image on it for the screen. Getting the image is not a problem, but I am new with working with fondant so I need some help and pointers. I've looked at some pics online, but I am sooooo scared and since there is not a lot of time I really want to try to cut down on mistakes that can avoided. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!

5 replies
RoyalCreamery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoyalCreamery Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:15am
post #2 of 6

AWhat part do you think you'll have issues with?

RoyalCreamery Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:16am
post #3 of 6

AIt will be flat, like a sheet cake right??

Ebony628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ebony628 Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:21am
post #4 of 6

Yes....definitely going to flat. I would love for it to be able to stand but I don't think I have enough time. I am new with working with fondant, but I am always up for a challenge. Do I have to use a certain icing in order for the fondant to stick to the cake? I think I'm pretty creative, but I need some pointers with this whole fondant thing. Please feel free to give me any suggestions that you think might help me. I am open to any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

RoyalCreamery Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:28am
post #5 of 6

APlain ol buttercream would work just in fine. When covering a cake in fondant you want to stay away from fillings and icings that require refrigeration being that fondant doesn't mix well with the fridge. I'd say after you fill your sheet cake (depending on how thick your making a "flat" screen) do your crumb coat as smooth as possible . Chill in the fridge, and then cover with fondant. Getting the fondant nice and smooth should be the most tedious part if your not use to working with it...

RoyalCreamery Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:30am
post #6 of 6

AIf you want to try a little carving.. Or add extra cake around like a little border.. That might make the tv look more realistic. Instead of a completely flat surface.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%