It's My Moms 30+ Birthday...any Suggestions On The Flavor?

Decorating By amnuh Updated 12 Apr 2013 , 5:36pm by amnuh

amnuh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amnuh Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 3:41am
post #1 of 8

AI want it to be perfect....can anyone tell me what flavors to use?[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2975658/width/200/height/400[/IMG] This is how it's supposed to be... Thanks!!!

7 replies
COButterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
COButterfly Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:14am
post #2 of 8

Well, I guess that depends on what flavors she likes.  Does she like fruit fillings in her cakes?  Does she like chocolate?  Vanilla?  Coffee flavors?

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:23am
post #3 of 8

AIf its your moms thirty something birthday I can only assume that you aren't very old maybe in your teens I'm just guessing. Anyways going off my assumption I would either go with either vanilla or chocolate whatever you think your mom would like better. I than would just go with a buttercream filling too just easier for you to do. This is all on the assumption that you are in your teens and are being a really nice daughter/son wanting to make your mom a nice birthday cake. How sweet you are wanting your moms birthday to be special.

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:34am
post #4 of 8

Hmm. Purple. Does she like grape flavor? Is there such a thing as a grape flavor cake?

If I hadn't been presented with a picture, I'd have suggested either spice, chocolate, or maybe strawberry-marble. But none of those really go with purple.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 5:01am
post #5 of 8

If you would like a flavour to tie into the colour scheme you are going with... perhaps

Blueberry or Blackberry or a mixture of both.......mixed berries.

When mixed with BC or White Chocolate Ganache - they give a Lilac/purple hue.

Just a thought.

Bluehue

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 5:08am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue 

If you would like a flavour to tie into the colour scheme you are going with... perhaps

Blueberry or Blackberry or a mixture of both.......mixed berries.

When mixed with BC or White Chocolate Ganache - they give a Lilac/purple hue.

Just a thought.

hbquikcomjamesl suggested Grape.

Yes, you can use Grapes..... dark grapes are lovely in a cake.

They more or less melt yet one can still taste and get the texture when eating the cake.

If fresh -  gently simmered with a bit of sugar - allowed to cool then  place grapes in a sieve over a bowl to catch the juice.

You can use the juice in your batter - then gently mash the grapes with the back of a fork and also incorporate them into the batter.

If using canned grapes - drain as above and again, use the juice and gently mashes grapes in your batter.

Just use the juice in replacement of any other liquid you might have used.

Bluehue

amnuh Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 5:34pm
post #7 of 8

A

Original message sent by COButterfly

Well, I guess that depends on what flavors she likes.  Does she like fruit fillings in her cakes?  Does she like chocolate?  Vanilla?  Coffee flavors?

She likes chocolate.. But it depends... I havent seen her being into cakes..but I want to do this for her

amnuh Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 8

A

Original message sent by kazita

If its your moms thirty something birthday I can only assume that you aren't very old maybe in your teens I'm just guessing. Anyways going off my assumption I would either go with either vanilla or chocolate whatever you think your mom would like better. I than would just go with a buttercream filling too just easier for you to do. This is all on the assumption that you are in your teens and are being a really nice daughter/son wanting to make your mom a nice birthday cake. How sweet you are wanting your moms birthday to be special.

Thankyou very much...yes I'm kinda young ....17 ! But I want this birthday of hers to be perfect.... Thanks though.... Ill try these out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%