Not So Nice Girl

Lounge By leeanna5784 Updated 11 Apr 2013 , 5:25am by Godot

leeanna5784 Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 3:30am
post #1 of 6

I have been doing cakes for a year, but have been getting busy. Average 2 cakes a weekend. I dont charge a lot, i do it cause i love it. I dont do cakes to make lots of money, just to buy new things. Minding my own business one day i get a email from the state that says stop doing cakes someone ha turned u in. So the ball is rolling now. But, but why couldn't she come to me and say something. I am not going to charge what she charges. She only does one cake or so a month. Also not just me she turned in another caker in town to. 

5 replies
IAmPamCakes Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 3:44am
post #2 of 6

ASo you know for a fact who turned you in? If you were told to stop caking, I assume you aren't legal. Is she? Maybe she figured she has jumped through the hoops for legality & you shouldn't be able to have a business without doing the same. Or she's just a hater, and did what women do - stir the pot.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:24am
post #3 of 6

A

Original message sent by leeanna5784

I dont do cakes to make lots of money, just to buy new things.

I think that's the definition of a job. Just sayin'.

cakefat Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:26am
post #4 of 6

maybe you can try to get legal in your state? Maybe she turned you in because she thinks you're undercutting her business (amongst the other reasons why she'd turn you in)?

kikiandkyle Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 4:36am
post #5 of 6

AYou said yourself you're not charging a lot, so you were probably undercutting her. And yes, when you've done all the work and spent all the money to get legal, it is annoying when people try to do it illegally and get away with it.

I assume you and the other person that got reported were advertising, especially if you were getting that much business. That's just asking for trouble.

What would you have said to her if she did come to you? Oh sure, I'll stop making cakes since you asked so nicely?

Godot Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 5:25am
post #6 of 6

How do you know it was this person? Did the authority who contacted you say who it was?

If you are doing it illegally she did the right thing.

If you were grossly undercutting her - you probably pushed her over the edge (if it was even her who reported you).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%