Cc's Tips Really Helped Me Last Night!!

Decorating By tsal Updated 9 Apr 2013 , 9:30pm by auntginn

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

My latest cake (in profile) has a large statement flower on it.  I made yesterday (cake due today) and when I tried to apply the pearl centers last night at 1 a.m., some of the petals broke.  I repaired it but was worried that the same thing would happen this morning when I would attempt to put it on the cake as it probably would not dry it time.   I remembered someone posting about putting fondant figurines in the oven overnight with just the oven light on to dry them more quickly so I tried it and it worked like a dream!!!  It was completely dried and I was able to handle it without any further breakage!

Thank goodness for CC tips and tricks I have picked up along the way.  Just wanted to give a shoutout!

3 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

tsal, that is a beautiful cake.  Your SMBC looks so smooth I thought it was fondant for a minute.

Yes, we learn so many helpful tip from this site and all of them make us better at what we love to do.  I myself have also learned alot and love this site.

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 4

AThanks!! It is fondant - I don't think I described it well in the description. I'm half asleep from staying up late caking! I'll have to edit the description when I get home.

One thing that bugs me though is the bow. I thought I'd try something different and put the bow off to the side, but in the pic I think it just looks kind of weird!

Some things I only notice afterwards in the pictures - grr!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 4

I didn't even notice it.  Ok so either put it off more on the side or back in front.  No biggy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%