Emailing A Bakery To See If They're Hiring Vs. Visiting The Bakery? What Would You Prefer?

Business By weidertm24 Updated 9 Apr 2013 , 11:03am by jason_kraft

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 5:08am
post #1 of 4

So I'm finally getting serious about applying to bakeries in my area. However, a lot of them aren't that local. Some 40+ miles away and to be honest I don't want to drive all the way there just to find out they're not hiring for a decorator. What do you think about using their contact page/email to send my resume(which shows nothing when it comes to baking/decorating) just to see if they're hiring and if I can send some pictures of my work. I just wanted to see what you thought, I've always been taught that applying in person and asking for the manager is the best however I don't have a lot of options as far as bakeries go in my immediate area. Thanks for you opinion/thoughts!

3 replies
IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 5:41am
post #2 of 4

AMaybe call first & inquire about hiring. I call first to get a time frame to drop a resume off and find out who it goes to. Just like with any job I would apply for.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 11:03am
post #3 of 4

A

Original message sent by IAmPamCakes

Maybe call first & inquire about hiring. I call first to get a time frame to drop a resume off and find out who it goes to. Just like with any job I would apply for.

Agreed...call first and find out when the person responsible for hiring will be available for a quick drop-in meeting (have your elevator pitch ready).

If a business is not hiring, if you can add enough value to the business you may even be able to create your own position.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 11:03am
post #4 of 4

A

Original message sent by IAmPamCakes

Maybe call first & inquire about hiring. I call first to get a time frame to drop a resume off and find out who it goes to. Just like with any job I would apply for.

Agreed...call first and find out when the person responsible for hiring will be available for a quick drop-in meeting (have your elevator pitch ready).

If a business is not hiring, if you can add enough value to the business you may even be able to create your own position.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%