Help! Yellow Cake Recipe

Baking By BakersGuy Updated 9 Apr 2013 , 1:07am by trista4120

BakersGuy Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 2

Hey CC Family

Got some good reviews on my first "official" cake order a few weeks ago!  Thanks so much to you all for the excellent advice and ideas.

Of course with the good reviews came a "okay" review.  I was told while my carrot cake and strawberry cakes were hits, that my yellow cake was a little too "basic".

Now maybe I am in my feelings and if I am please tell me, but isn't a yellow cake suppose to be basic?Aren't yellow cakes the foundation? 

Anyhow, is there anyway or better yet what can I do to "improve" my basic yellow cake to make it "pop"? 

Thanks a million!!!!

1 reply
trista4120 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 1:07am
post #2 of 2

ATry this.. I baked this and covered it with clear wrap and foil to absorb flaver and froze it thawed it in the frig prior to frosting at room temp and it was a hit at the 49er party. Covered it in choc butter cream cheese.

Golden Vanilla Butter Cake Recipe ( yellow cake) Yield 2- thick 8″ Layers Prepare cake pans with Pan Grease or by coating the pans generously with shortening and dusting them with flour, shaking out the excess flour. Alternately, line a cupcake tray with liners. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F while you prepare your recipe.

Unsalted Butter 254g (1cup + 2Tablespoons) Cream Cheese 254g (1cup + 2Tablespoons) Sugar 450g (2 1/4 cups) All Purpose Flour 292 g (2 1/2 cups) Salt 1/4 tsp Baking Powder 10g (2 tsp) Eggs 400 (8 Large) Vanilla Extract 1 Tablespoon

Mix Method:

This is delicate mix in that you will not want to beat the heck out of your mixture. Be sure to have your butter and cream cheese softened to the same consistency at room temperature before you begin. Eggs at room temperature as well.

Sift together the flour and the salt and baking powder. In the bowl of your Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed, cream the butter and cream cheese together slowly to incorporate evenly. Slowly add the sugar and continue mixing on low- medium speed until it is all combined well.

Add the eggs one at a time, and be sure to mix well, before adding in another egg. Add the vanilla and then the flour all at once. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake immediately for approximately 35-45 minutes or Until Its Done! Recipe created by Gretchen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%