Are All Servsafe Programs The Same?

Business By CaptainCupcakes Updated 10 Apr 2013 , 1:47pm by CaptainCupcakes

CaptainCupcakes Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 3

Hi folks! 

I am already certified in Food Safety in both RI and NY...and alas I need to do so once more in MA. Fun. It has been a while since I did this whole process, and I am just wondering...are all programs offered the same? As in, do I need to be "servsafe" certified or is SafetyChef the same thing. I am looking into doing a course at a community college, or an online course, or a 1 day course with an instructor. Here are the sites to which I'm mainly referring:


What do y'all say? Thanks for your time!

2 replies
liz at sugar Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 3

My ServSafe book is published by the National Restaurant Assn - I took the 1 day class with instructor and test in Iowa.  Seems like it would be the same everywhere, but with add'l info based on your states laws.  I took my test in 2010, and book is dated 2008.



CaptainCupcakes Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply! Has anyone heard of SafeChef specifically? They are the least expensive I have found so far, but I hadn't heard of them before...

Quote by @%username% on %date%