ohsugarsweets Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 4:14am
post #1 of

Hi, does anyone have a website or websites that sell inexpensive cake plateaus? Silver plated, or even wood. Thank you so much. 

12 replies
kazita Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 4:28am
post #2 of

AThey aren't actual metal. Pick the variation box and you get different looks and sizes.

item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270883340990

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 5:37am
post #3 of

AWhoa... WTH? "Metal costs two to three times more than foam"

And worth every penny! I am shocked and appalled....smh....

SugaredSaffron Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 6:18am
post #4 of

ALooks like a really thick cake board, horrible.

kazita Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 6:26am
post #5 of

ASecond person today asking for one.

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 6:26am
post #6 of

A

Original message sent by kazita

They aren't actual metal. Pick the variation box and you get different looks and sizes.

item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270883340990

Original message sent by SugaredSaffron

Looks like a really thick cake board, horrible.

It certainly isn't metal, and it certainly is horrible. I thought it looked like a ridiculously fat cake drum.

kazita Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 6:41am
post #7 of

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

It certainly isn't metal, and it certainly is horrible. I thought it looked like a ridiculously fat cake drum.

The other person asking for one on here wanted a 16 or 18 inch one for under $60 that's how I found these.

SugaredSaffron Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 7:01am
post #8 of

AIt would probably look better to buy your own foam and decorate it with fabric or something.

kazita Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 7:05am
post #9 of

A[quote name="SugaredSaffron" url="/t/756651/looking-for-inexpensive-square-and-round-cake-plateaus-any-suggestions#post_7380228"]It would probably look better to buy your own foam and decorate it with fabric or something.

Other poster specifically asked for a sliver one, so I googled and found these. I personally think the real ones are much prettier but who am I to judge.

SugaredSaffron Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 7:33am

ASorry Kazita, I'm not directing my comments at you, just at the stand.

It's not judging, its preference and that thing looks ugly!

kazita Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 7:38am

A[quote name="SugaredSaffron" url="/t/756651/looking-for-inexpensive-square-and-round-cake-plateaus-any-suggestions#post_7380239"]Sorry Kazita, I'm not directing my comments at you, just at the stand.

It's not judging, its preference and that thing looks ugly!

Agreed.

ohsugarsweets Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 4:38pm

I searched the forums and read through  them, but most of them were from years ago. I figured y'all would possibly have a recent experience ordering inexpensive plateaus. I prefer for it to be metal. Thank you kazita for your suggestion :)

DeliciousDesserts Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 5:04pm

AStill expensive, but my favorite places are Save On Crafts & Global Sugar Craft depending on the stand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%