Decorating By catlharper Updated 12 Apr 2013 , 12:09am by trista4120

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 11:31pm
post #31 of 47

Thanks you two!!! Auntgnn your link is not working :(

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 2:11am
post #32 of 47

Wrote this last night and forgot to post it. 

Good evening Cat and everyone, 

I love coming in here to see what everyone has been up to, love all the photos. 

* Puts hand up as not liking Red Velvet.* Yuck 

I have been on a trip down over the border today to Dem my  Rose people. So I am a little tired tonight.  It was very humid and rainy so had a few issues with paste drying but no one seemed to mind and seemed to enjoy the Dem .  Next weekend I get to go to a Dem day and not be the demonstrator , I am looking forward to that. 

Nothing much on for me this week.  I am hoping to do some show work for  an upcoming comp. 

Just as well I have nothing much on this week , I just got back from the hospital this morning as Mum had another fall. 

Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 2:15am
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2twogrlz 

Here is a picture

Your cake looks great!  Could never tell you dont like Cream Cheese frosting! HAHA

Cakemommy2012 Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 2:18am
post #34 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky316 

Here are my friday night projects! Two cakes and two dozen cupcakes for sisters sharing the same birthday. I tried to make them cohesive. 

This little 3 year old girl shares her birthday with batman girl! Totally different design, but I tried to keep them cohesive.

A 4 year old who loves Batman...Yup! That was the order! I was really worried about trying to come up and a achieve a girly Batman look, but I think I did :)

i LOVE anything Pink and Mickey!  These ROCK!  So fun!  =-)

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 2:35am
post #35 of 47

How very nice to come back here tonight and see all of these posts! Kiki, that granita sounds amazing...I can't even imagine how you make a nut into an ice! But now I have to give it a try! LOL!  Cazza...your little holiday sounds like a little piece of heaven to me. What a nice break! Ducky! How cute! We are Disney fans so you know I totally love both cakes! And Chelle...I really hate trying to work with fondant when it's muggy outside. It's just so much harder! Enjoy your demo this upcoming week!

Well my garden cupcakes turned out well and the client was very happy with them. I'll post them in my blog tomorrow morning. We've been watching the Final Four...which is a college basketball tournament here in the States. My team has made it to the final championship game so I'm happy. All of this next week is focused on two birthday cakes. One for a 50 year old and the other for my soon to be 2 year old grandson. Not terribly hard cakes but lots of detail work so I'll be busy! I'll share next Friday night!

Cat

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 6:30am
post #36 of 47

Ok, lets try again.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 7:43am
post #37 of 47

Very creative Auntginn.  How long will your bread basket keep for?  Did you just  make it out or ordinary bread dough or one of those craft doughs that cooks rock hard?

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 4:29pm
post #38 of 47

Ginn! That is just gorgeous! What a great way to show three food arts in one piece! I would guess the only thing to do is to eat it, starting with the cake first of course, but man, it would be hard to start to tear it apart.

Cat

auntginn Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 5:04pm
post #39 of 47

Thank you Cat and Cazza, the bread basket was made from a basic bread dough recipe.  Which can be baked hard, but I was afraid of getting it to brown.  I wanted it this shade.  It too 3 attempts to get the basket to retain a shape that I was satisfied with.  I've had the idea in my head for about 3-5 years and finally got around to doing it.  The bread turns out very tasty, my family loved it.  I'm going to make some more for Mother's Day to offer my Caterer friends/customers and churches I know who will have luncheons for the day.  Aside from adding a preservative and leaving unwrapped I don't know how long it will last.  I made a few rolls and spoiled within 5days.   I know if you bake it rock hard it can be shellacked and will last.

Thank you for the compliments, You've brightened my day already icon_smile.gif

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 5:39pm
post #40 of 47

AGiinn that's amazing!!!!! Very talented!!!

auntginn Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 7:52pm
post #41 of 47

Thank you Ducky

Cakemommy2012 Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 11:53pm
post #42 of 47

WOW!  That Bread Basket is AMAZING!  So creative!  Love it!

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 11:56pm
post #43 of 47

Sorry for the delay, I spent all day yesterday and today at the cake show. The pictures below are the icing images we all had to work with and what I came up with. When  I saw the icing sheets I immediately thought of kente  cloth so I went for an African folk art look.  

auntginn Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 3:50am
post #44 of 47

Thank you cakemommy

@tdovewings - love your cake and the design.  What cake show did you attend?

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 12:46am
post #45 of 47

It was the National Capital Area Cake Show, in Virginia. Right outside of Washington DC.

auntginn Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 1:28am
post #46 of 47

Nice, I hope you enjoyed it.

trista4120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trista4120 Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 12:09am
post #47 of 47

AWow, those are amazing cakes. Nice job!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%