Cupcake/cake Stand

Baking By Pickulz Updated 19 Apr 2013 , 4:47pm by ara1325

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 8

Im looking for reccomendations for a cupcake stand (where I can also place a small cake on the top tier).

I have looked at two websites..

http://www.thecupcaketower.com/small-cupcake-tower/

(seems sturdy which i love and easy to clean..but pricey)

and another one..

http://www.cupcaketree.com/products/rnd-org-cupcaketree.php

(better price...but wondering if i have to worry about stability and placing a cake on the top tier.)

Are there any others?

I dont really need a huge one..just 2-3 tiers...and  ideally one where i can expand tiers when needed.

7 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 8

AThis one looks ok and is an ok price

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0087T5GWI/ref=mw_dp_mpd?pd=1

It looks like its sitting on a silver cake stand that I'm sure isn't included.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 8

AI'm not sure if this I one can be made smaller or not but its reasonablely priced and free shipping.

www.ebay.com/bhp/clear-cupcake-stand

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 8

Get the clear acrylic stand, it will last forever and you can adjust the size you need.  I have a 5 tier and I love it. That one you showed is just cardboard and is $41?  Wow...you can get the acrylic that will last forever way cheaper on Ebay...good luck!!

ara1325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ara1325 Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 8

Well I looked into this myself because I need one for a graduation party and I need it squared and for 50 cupcakes. So I will be making my own out of cardboard. You can make it out of an empty boy an cut it to your needs or simply used the cardboards from michaels the ones you use as cake base. For the middle support I will be using candle holder I found at the dollar store. Put a lace in the theme of the party colors. Check out the how to make cupcake stands in YouTube they have plenty great ideas. :) hope this helps

vlapinta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlapinta Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 4:09am
post #6 of 8

I just bought this one. http://www.thecupcaketower.com/products/?gclid=CKWN4rPixrYCFYui4Aod9icAow

I love it. It is very versatile.You can add tiers and change ribbon colors to match your theme. You can add tiers for cake pops. It is well made. It might be a little expensive, but I believe you get what you pay for

Babbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babbo Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 10:21am
post #7 of 8

I like this one!

ara1325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ara1325 Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 4:47pm
post #8 of 8

AHi I am new to the site and I have no idea how to post a question.. I need some tips on how to make a foundant angel. Any ideas? Thank you :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%