Wave Rubber Stamp?

Decorating By CakesbyMichele Updated 4 Apr 2013 , 5:41pm by CakesbyMichele

CakesbyMichele Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to make a cake similar to the one in the Martha Stewart book with the ocean waves that are imprinted into the fondant and bamboo border.  The write up stated that it was done using different wave designs using rubber stamps.  I have searched and searched to find wave rubber stamps like these and can't find them.  Help?  Does anyone know where to find rubber stamps with a wave pattern?

4 replies
-K8memphis Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 5

could you post a picture of the cake or a link to it, please

CakesbyMichele Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 5



Here it is.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 5

i guess you've already looked at hobby lobby & places like that


you could craft something like that out of foam if you had the tools


also i'd suggest just looking around for different objects that you could use


or actually get a rubber stamp made (pretty pricey i'm sure)


i bet if you practice with your spatula you could mimic that


look for texture mats like that that you can cut sections out and use those too

CakesbyMichele Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks K8memphis.  I looked at some art stamps and there are a couple I think might work.  I'm going to order them and see if they will work.  I'm going to continue looking though.  I can draw something up and get a stamp made, but like you stated, expensive, and will be last resort.  Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%