Help! What Should Use? Mint Choc Chip Cupcakes...

Baking By FaithFluro Updated 4 Apr 2013 , 12:21pm by tracyaem

FaithFluro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithFluro Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 6

Okay so I'm an amateur baker,looking to maybe setting up a small home cake business in the future and I have my own birthday party coming up in just under 4 weeks.  I love to be prepared and want to start trying out recipes to get my cakes magical for my party.
One of the flavours that has been chosen is mint choc chip - but I'm not sure how to go about this, currently I have two ideas in mind.

1. A plain chocolate chip cupcake with buttercream flavoured with mint choc chip or just mint lorann oil.

2.  Plain cupcake flavoured with mint choc chip lorann oil and the same with the buttercream.

If anyone has previous experience of a GREAT tasting mint choc chip cupcake recipe, please share!  

Thanks x

5 replies
AndreasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AndreasCakes Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 6

When I do mint chocolate cupcakes, I only put mint in the frosting. A little bit of mint goes a long way and can be way too overpowering if you use too much.

I make a chocolate cupcake, fill it with chocolate fudge and top with mint-flavored buttercream.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 6

I do chocolate chip cake with a cream cheese Andes mint filling, and ganache on top, they taste like a big soft Andes mint.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 6

My mint chocolate chip cupcake is a dark chocolate cake, with a mint chocolate chip buttercream...The buttercream has mint flavoring, and I top it with mini chocolate chips.  Oh and I tint my buttercream mint green.

sewlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlo Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 2:35am
post #5 of 6

I do the same as Paperfishies -- a chocolate cupcake with a swirl of green tinted mint buttercream and topped with mini chocolate chips.  Taste the buttercream as you go, because it's easy to go from just enough mint flavor to waaaay too much mint flavor by just adding a little extra!

tracyaem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracyaem Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 6

I do a dark chocolate cake with chocolate chips, and a two-toned swirl (half chocolate, half green tinted mint). Like others said, the mint can become overpowering very quickly!

large_image_cc_cup2.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%