First Wedding Cake Customer Pricing

Decorating By Verachka Updated 2 Apr 2013 , 3:39pm by jason_kraft

Verachka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verachka Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 5

AI'm having my first wedding cake done for a client of mine. I don't know how to price her. I said I'd charge 3$ per serving and possibly an additional amount due to complications of the design. Then she said she just want cupcakes and a top tier, how much should I charge per cupcake? Any other tips?

Thanks guys

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 5

what about the cupcake stand?

is she supplying it? or are you?

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 5

AI've read on here to change anywhere from $2 to $4 a cupcake depending on the design of the cupcake. You don't say how big of a top tier of a cake that you are gonna make but I would still charge her at least $3 a severing. It really sounds like the bride is trying to go cheaper on the whole thing, don't let her lowball you or make you feel guilty for your pricing if she wants a cheaper price than you need to tell her that you just aren't the person for her and let her find someone else to make her cake/cupcake creation. You may want to inform her that most people eat 1.5 cupcakes as a average that's what I have read on here so that's not necessarily a cheaper option.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 5

A

Original message sent by -K8memphis

what about the cupcake stand?

is she supplying it? or are you?

That is also s good point if you are supplying the cupcake stand and you don't have one you would have to buy one.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 5

ADo yourself a favor and find out what her budget is. If her budget is too small it may not be worth your time talking to her.

To set a price, you need to include the costs of ingredients, labor, and overhead (such as license fees, inspection fees, and anything else required to legally sell food in your area), then add markup based on local market value.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%