Instant Jello Pudding In Cakes

Decorating By Proverbs31mom Updated 2 Apr 2013 , 1:36am by Proverbs31mom

Proverbs31mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Proverbs31mom Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 7

I tried instant pudding in my cake mix and love it. I have one problem. I am suppose to make a white cake but every time I use vanilla pudding in the white cake mix it turns it yellow. Is there any other pudding that will not change the cake mix to yellow?

6 replies
DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, look for white chocolate instant pudding.  And good luck putting it into a cake mix.  I usually end up using only a half package because using a whole, deflates the white cake.  (just the white).

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 7

AIf I'm not mistaken, the cheesecake one would be ok too.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 12:45am
post #4 of 7

Just used this WASC recipe for the first time this weekend.  BIG failure.  Cake sunk in the middle and had a thick crust on the top.  The flavor was great.  Not sure if it was the pudding or the strawberry quick.  But nooo, was not good.   1 box plus (the other 3.5 oz now missing)   DH strawberry cake mix, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, dash salt, 1 3oz cheesecake pudding mix (dry added to other dry ingredients), 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup Nestle's strawberry flavoring (liquid used to flavor milk), 3 eggs, 1 Tbsp lemon juice.  If anyone could please share any advise I would appreciate it.  The taste was so wonderful.  Baked up like a wonderful strawberry brownie, not what I was needing for cake.  Thank you in advance.  

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 12:53am
post #5 of 7

I think the pudding mix may have made it a different consistency.  Try it without the pudding mix and see what happens.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 1:07am
post #6 of 7

Thanks!!  I sure will

Proverbs31mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Proverbs31mom Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 1:36am
post #7 of 7

Thank you! I will do that. I used all of the pudding this time but I made cupcakes. The last time I tried it for a cake it did not turn out right. So maybe that was the key to just use a half of the pudding.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%