How To Have The Best Business Year Ever

Lounge By Norasmom Updated 31 Mar 2013 , 12:36pm by HalifaxMommy

Norasmom Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 11:27am
post #1 of 3

This woman views cakes and baked goods as a luxury item if you are struggling to buy fresh produce for your family.  There was part of a posting about this a few days ago but it didn't relate to the OP's question.

Very interesting.  I don't think I would have the gumption to do what she did.  Just read the first half of the article, the last half gets all weird.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_politics/2013/03/baker_s_got_finger_in_political_pie

2 replies
remnant3333 Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 3

There is a whole lot of food stamp fraud going on out there!!! I have a neighbor who sells 100 dollars of her food stamps for 60 dollars every month so she can get extra cash!!  If she does not need them and she is trying to sell them to the neighbors it is plain to see that people are using and abusing the government. But somehow they just continue to get away with it. I refuse to be a party to a scheme of ripping off the government!!! There are many out there who know how to play the system big time. This same woman gets something called section 8 where her rent and electricity is paid for not to mention medicaid for her two kids and herself. She is living like a queen while others struggle to get by. It seems like to me that people on food stamps should have to show a picture ID in order to use the food stamps so that they can not sell them!!! But this is not the case. They can sell them to whoever will buy them and use them without picture id!!!

Not too long ago there was a woman who lived in a two million dollar house who was doing the same thing and she finally got caught. It made the national news. Sadly it goes on more than we think!!

HalifaxMommy Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 3

I understood the first 1/3 of the article.  Good for her for standing up for her principles.  The last 1/3 seemed very much out of place in terms of the "story".  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%