Got Cake Block! Help! =-)

Decorating By Cakemommy2012 Updated 1 Apr 2013 , 2:47am by Cakemommy2012

Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 3:03am
post #1 of 9

So I have a friend that I want to do an amazing cake for and I have drawn a blank on what to do!

He LOVES Broadway Musicals.  His favorites are Mary Poppins, Wicked, and Phantom of the Opera.

He also LOVES Cake Boss (has actually met him and made a cake with him thru the One Last wish Foundation)

He is going to be turning 17 and is an aspiring cake decorator himself. He is such an amazing guy and has conquered so much in his life (he has Rabson–Mendenhall syndrome and has had over 17 surgeries in his short life) 

I have so much to work with I am drawing a complete blank!!!  I don't want it to be gaudy!  HAHA 

8 replies
CakersbyEggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakersbyEggers Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 3:57am
post #2 of 9

How big does the cake need to be? Maybe you could do a three tier cake and each tier could be scenes from the musicals you listed. Or you could just pick different symbols/ideas from each musical and work them together on the cake.

Cakemommy2012 Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 1:44am
post #3 of 9

I'm still waiting to hear back from his mother on the party count but I what ever it takes to make an awesome cake.  I'm doing it as a free cake for him so it's really unlimited! LOL

CakersbyEggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakersbyEggers Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 1:55am
post #4 of 9

I love cakes like that! It sounds like so much fun. Maybe you will get some inspiration if you google some photos and graphics for the broadway musicals. I usually draw inspiration that way when I am left to my own devices :)

Cakemommy2012 Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:07am
post #5 of 9

Me too!  My mind is going in so many different directions i'm going crazy!  LOL  I have gotten so used to picky customers that when given free range it feels foreign! 

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:11am
post #6 of 9

AHis name in broadway-style lights. The wicked witch hat on top...hmm...that's all I got so far. A chimney? The parrot umbrella handle from Mary poppins. A spoonful of sugar. I don't know anything about cake boss...

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:17am
post #7 of 9

AYou could make a figure of him wearing a chefs coat holding a cake!

Cakemommy2012 Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:46am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi 

You could make a figure of him wearing a chefs coat holding a cake!

I can't do human figures very well but It would be fun to try!! That is a cute idea!  I think he would love it to!  lol

Cakemommy2012 Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:47am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyzan 

His name in broadway-style lights. The wicked witch hat on top...hmm...that's all I got so far. A chimney? The parrot umbrella handle from Mary poppins. A spoonful of sugar. I don't know anything about cake boss...

Name in Broadway lights I had thought of, the others are awesome!  Now to make it all work on one cake!  HAHA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%