Help! I Can't Get My Whipped Cream To Hold Stiff Enough To Make Roses!

Decorating By EJL2013 Updated 22 May 2013 , 3:42pm by ddaigle

EJL2013 Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 11

I'm new here, barely found out how to start this thread O_o

Anyway, i LOVE baking/making cakes/cupcakes. I want to use whipped cream for my decorations as much as i can but i just can't get it to work for me:( For the majority of the most basic piping i know, it works. BUT I WANT TO MAKE ROSES! & can't. it just flattens out looks more like a flower... :(

I put bowl and mixer things in freezer before whipping, i get the gelatin ready, i saw in a video it supposed to look clear, so i get it that way. Start whippin up the heavy whipping cream, add vanilla, then icing sugar, then the liquid gelatin. Maybeeee i'm whipping too long? because the cream gets clumpy then doesnt look so "smooth".... But so it doesn't hold. IDK isn't it supposed to look smooth like the one that comes out of the can? you know for <3pumpkin pie<3 ? :)

ANY one with ANY suggestions?????

PLEASE and thank you SO much in advance^-^

10 replies
Lfredden Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 11

Whipped cream doesn't work for roses.  You really need a stiff icing recipe.  One that contains shortening (for stability), butter (for taste), powdered sugar and perhaps some meringue powder.

Reasontobakecake Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 11

I have done it adding my gelatin DRY, just like 2 tsp of it slowly while whipping.  The roses weren't as stiff and tall as regular icing, but I was surprised at how well it worked.  I did it on top of a pumpkin pie (obviously frosting doesn't go there!) and kept it in the fridge until just serving.  Good luck!

EJL2013 Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 11

AOhhh I must find the recipe...I just dont like buttercream as much... :/ thanks for the reply! ^-^

EJL2013 Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 11

A

Original message sent by Reasontobakecake

I have done it adding my gelatin DRY, just like 2 tsp of it slowly while whipping.  The roses weren't as stiff and tall as regular icing, but I was surprised at how well it worked.  I did it on top of a pumpkin pie (obviously frosting doesn't go there!) and kept it in the fridge until just serving.  Good luck!

I have to try this! Thanks! ^-^

EJL2013 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 11

I got my whipped cream to work this much! :)

I think the Gelatin worked!

anavillatoro1 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 11

AThat don't look like a whipped cream look more like this icing[ATTACHMENT=666]0611121638.jpg (931k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

anavillatoro1 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 11
EJL2013 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 11

It isn't actually. I would like to know where i could find that brand around here though. I'd like to try it!

anavillatoro1 Posted 22 May 2013 , 3:01pm
post #10 of 11

AWhere do you live? I live in NC

ddaigle Posted 22 May 2013 , 3:42pm
post #11 of 11

BETTERCream makes beautiful roses.    I buy it pre-whipped because the prewhipped version is not available in our stores.   No need to gelatin to BetterCream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%