JPepper Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 10:48pm
post #1 of

Hi there icon_biggrin.gif

I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion to fix my problem. I have a 4-tier white fondant covered fake cake that I rent. The other day, I noticed that the periwinkle blue ribbon that is currently on the cake has stained the fondant a little. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can remove the stains? I was going to try using vodka but then thought someone on CC might have a tested method that worked.

Thanks so much in advance icon_smile.gif

7 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 1:15am
post #2 of

AVodka does work-just don't use too much at once.

cupadeecakes Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 6:10pm
post #3 of

i had a small stain on a fondant dummy cake and I tried a magic eraser on it. Took the spot right off!

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 7:15pm
post #4 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupadeecakes 

i had a small stain on a fondant dummy cake and I tried a magic eraser on it. Took the spot right off!

lol, yep, I do the same thing on my fake cakes.

JPepper Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 4:19am
post #5 of

Would using the magic eraser make the part you used it on shiny because of the water??  Doesnt water on fondant make it shiny? That's the only thing I am concerned with.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 4:24am
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPepper 

Would using the magic eraser make the part you used it on shiny because of the water??  Doesnt water on fondant make it shiny? That's the only thing I am concerned with.

I don't use any water, just lightly rubbed the eraser on it. I've never removed a dark stain like that though.

cupadeecakes Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 1:56am
post #7 of

Yes water, it dries eventually.  A clean wet paper towel works sometimes too.

AZCouture Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:38am
post #8 of

AVodka. And if it ever gets.shiny, put some corn starch on it and buff it away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%