Silver Royal Icing To Pipe

Decorating By nadines cakes Updated 3 Apr 2013 , 9:05pm by nadines cakes

nadines cakes Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hi please can anyone tell me if there are any products i could use for silver. i have previously bought the silver aerosol and the little silver paint enamel looking stuff which is painted on. i am doing a dartboard cake and all the numbers are silver as is the metal rings which divide the spaces. i was thinking i could maybe use silver royal icing to pipe these on but is it do-able. i have seen soom cakes for dartboards on google images which show the silver numbers and trim and they look perfect for what i want but they do not explain how they do it. any help regards this would be greatly appreciated.

nadine princess.gif

6 replies
AZCouture Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 7

AWhat you are seeing is most likely painted on as well on top of the royal. The really metalic silver is going to be silver highlighter, which is a powder mixed with vodka or lemon extract.

nadines cakes Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 7

thanks AZCouture

so i should pipe all with royal icing and paint silver with the highlighter? sounds like that would take forever to do. there are alot of numbers and metal rings and dividers on a dartboard....ooer dont think i will have time to do that......icon_sad.gif ..... might have to rethink the theme!

-K8memphis Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 7

yes--you can either paint it onto crusted royal icing like az said or put the silver in piping gel plus a bit of powdered sugar, etc. and pipe it on

the really good stuff, the highlighter is not edible so be aware of that too

there's another silver, nu-silver luster dust that is labeled non-toxic that can also be used

some peeps advise the recipients to remove the non-edible areas

if you want to pipe it i can give you the formula

-K8memphis Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 2:41pm
post #5 of 7

no no it doesn't take long

-K8memphis Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 7

well there are a lot of dividers on a dart board--it might take a while i guess but just making them all takes a while

if you could put some fondant through a spaghetti maker you could make those thready things real easy

or some use hand held extruders

but you could just roll sausages too

not really hard at all--just take it one step at a time

nadines cakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 7

sorry for the late reply i,ve not been well, yes please could you give me the formula for piping the silver. very much appreciated thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%