Fondant Flowers Help!

Decorating By Cupxcakexqueen Updated 25 Mar 2013 , 9:19am by Cupxcakexqueen

Cupxcakexqueen Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 1:56am
post #1 of 7

AToday i went to the shops with my mum and i bought those flower cookie cutters so i could do flowers on cake and stuff but the thing is i forgot to get the ball tool. Is there something else i could use instead of the ball tool? thanks


6 replies
icer101 Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 3:30am
post #2 of 7

i watch a guy at ices convention thining edges of g/p rose petals with half of one of the small plastic easter eggs. You can glue a marble on  the end of a dowel rod(something like that) and use that. I have one  from Earlene  Moore's class some years back. hth

Cupxcakexqueen Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 3:32am
post #3 of 7

AI was thinking about using my little bro's marbles then thought it'll be stupid but hearing from someone else makes me feel better :-)

crnewbold Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 4:20am
post #4 of 7

I use a wine bottle stopper that has a smooth metal ball on the end.  It doesn't have a long handle, but it fits my hand and it doesn't tear like my plastic ball tool.  Here's an example:

Cupxcakexqueen Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 4:24am
post #5 of 7

Athat's such a good idea thanks for the suggestion

bnbmom Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 6:43am
post #6 of 7

AMaybe you could use a small stainless steel measuring spoon?

Mine are pretty round and may do the trick!

Cupxcakexqueen Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 9:19am
post #7 of 7

Thats a really good idea! thanks bnbmom

Quote by @%username% on %date%