3 Cakes Due In One Day!

Decorating By ChrizzzT Updated 24 Mar 2013 , 5:17am by ChrizzzT

ChrizzzT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrizzzT Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 5

Hi guys! I have a cake order that will be picked up this Friday at 5pm. This order consists of 3 cakes. Each of them will be sculpted. They will only be about 6 inches each but I have a two year old running around and limited time to get things done. My plan was to bake the cakes, cool them, torte, fill, sculpt and then freeze them for a couple of days. Then I would crumb coat them, apply the fondant and finish them the day before. Do you think that would work or would freezing a filled cake (just buttercream) result in a mooshy mess when defrosted? Any suggestions are welcomed and THANK YOU in advance!

4 replies
bonzo14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonzo14 Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 5

AI have done this successfully with chocolate buttercream sponge. Just make sure the middle is fully defrosted before finishing.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 2:59am
post #3 of 5

Freeze away!  Bake, torte, fill, crumb, wrap like crazy in saran, and freeze.  Remove to counter, keep wrapped to completely defrost, cover.  You can do it!

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 3:04am
post #4 of 5

A

Original message sent by ajwonka

Freeze away!  Bake, torte, fill, crumb, wrap like crazy in saran, and freeze.  Remove to counter, keep wrapped to completely defrost, cover.  You can do it!

I concur! Just make sure you wrap a Layer of foil over the cling wrap! The foil keeps other food smells/tastes out of your cake. :)

ChrizzzT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrizzzT Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 5:17am
post #5 of 5

Will do! Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%