CreativeGirl220 Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 12:58am
post #1 of

For those who have made these cute babies before. I want to know how exactly did you go about coloring the hair. Thank you for your help in advance.

8 replies
cazza1 Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 1:02am
post #2 of

I use food colouring diluted with clear alcohol and then paint on.

KathleenC Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 6:41am
post #3 of

I just made one, and did the same thing.  I just made sure my brush wasn't too wet...after dipping it in the colour and vodka mix, I gave it a couple of quick swipes on a paper towel before painting.  You don't want too much liquid on the gumpaste (or fondant...whatever you choose to use).  Also, I waited until the baby was fairly hard before painting.  I don't know if that is necessary, but it made sense to me for some reason.

After the colour dried, I went over it again with a very dry brush and some more colour to give the hair some depth.

It was my first one and I'm quite pleased with it.

soozicake Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 10:22am
post #4 of

Hi.  I use flesh colored dust, great for definition of the crease areas and the hair. Dilute with vodka if you want a darker color.  Turns out great.  If you have the baby laying on it's tummy, does your's have a fault in the left foot (hollow spot)? I questioned the fault and the company said it wasn't a defect as this is how the master mold is!!  I have seen others with the same problem. 

The babies are so darn cute.

Godot Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 7:06pm
post #5 of

APeople love them and order them all the time, but I think they're just creepy.

At work we call them dead babies

CreativeGirl220 Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 9:38pm
post #6 of

Lol I don't think they're creepy. I like how realistic they look.

masterbaker4633 Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 12:12am
post #7 of

I think they are realistic and very adorable. Not creepy at all.

poohsmomma Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 4:14pm
post #8 of

I don't think they're creepy. I brush the powder color on dry.

LisaPeps Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 6:40pm
post #9 of

I use dry dusts. For dark hair, I use cocoa powder.

I think they're a bit weird if you eat them... but if that's what the customer wants, that's what they get!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%