Can't Find The Bow Tutorial??

Decorating By Annas Mummy Updated 22 Mar 2013 , 12:05pm by Annas Mummy

Annas Mummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annas Mummy Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 12:29am
post #1 of 4

AHi guys, I'm making a pretty pink bow for my daughters first birthday cake in a couple of months and saw this site mentioned on another site saying about how apparently there's a bow-making tutorial on here, but I can't seem to find it, could someone help me out with a link or something, it would be much appreciated xx

I've posted a photo of the bow I want to do so it's pretty simple as you can see but I'm just starting out and really have utterly no clue :/

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2957309/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

3 replies
Rodriguez-km Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodriguez-km Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 12:40am
post #2 of 4
joyandcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyandcake Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 12:49am
post #3 of 4

Here is how I do it.

Roll out your fondant or gumpaste.  

You are going to cut out an hourglass shape or bikini top shape.   You will want the shape you cut out to be twice as long as you want the finished bow and you will want the widest parts of the hourglass to be the width your want your bow.

Brush the center with water.  (That would be the thinnest part of the hourglass.)  

Crumple up a bit of paper towel or waxed paper.

Fold each end of your hourglass into the center, adhering to the wet center.  AS you do this, you will want to insert your paper towel in the area that is folding over.  This will create the loops of the bow.

Roll out a little more gumpaste and cut a piece that is the width of your bow and a few inches long.  Wet the back of this piece with water.  Then wrap it around the center of your bow and press together in the back.

As you put this together you should pleat the bow a bit to make it look more natural.  

Let the entire bow dry before placing on the cake or place it on the cake but keep the paper towel inserted until it holds its shape.  

Good luck!

Annas Mummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annas Mummy Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 4

AThis is perfect, thankyou so much! I'm sure this will help alot :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%